Tiller Problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GGC

Re: Tiller Problem

Post by GGC »

Few more thoughts.
The riser should be tight and square with the barrel. If you can take the string off, check the limb bolts and any others for that matter.
Look at the arrows. If they are the stock arrows and fletching you may have a problem. IMHO the arrows should have a good spin on them. Try quik spins or blazers with a good helical etc. You will definately improve your groups.
GGC
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Dash wrote:Yeah there is an excal dealer here Paul, but the 380 would have cost $400 more locally. Because I bought direct from the USA and not through the local dealer, I don't think he will help me. Kegbelly I thing if the limbs are out it's because different tension on each limb, I would imagine even with equalizing the measurement at rest the limb tension will be different when cocked.
I might contact excal directly and see if I can sort it out directly, before I go ahead and strip screws or something.
After finally getting it in my hands its hard to want to let it go again, but at the same time I want to be confident in its accuracy.
Hey Dash, that makes complete sense about the dealer. Try contacting Excalibur directly and ask them if you should send the bow to them or the dealer. If the dealer won't help you let Excalibur know and go from there...I'm sure sorry for what you're going through Dash and I hope it gets sorted out quickly. Good luck.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Cheers for the ideas guys, I'm not working tomorrow, so I'll have some time to check over the limbs, bolts, squareness, measurements etc. From what I've already briefly checked the riser looks square, limb and rail bolts are tight. No slack in anything.
I hate removing them damn limb bracket bolts. The heads are so shallow and strip easy. I can see I'll need to chase some up before remounting the limbs.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Like said mabey changing the limbs around ? I just checked all three of our bows an with the bow string on I measured from the tip of the mag tip to the end of the limb on the riser an none are tha same lenth.two are off 1/8 inch an one 1/16 inch.

On two of the bows where the limbs end where there bolted on the riser there not an equal distance from the center of the riser. so there,s some room to change things a bit but don,t know how much it would help. I see it being hard to get everything perfect . My tiller measures close on all bows measuring from the limbs at the riser to my string thow?

I don,t shoot the S5 on my bows an had the same thing that one rubber was always closer to the string than the other an feel I get better accuracy without ? as long as my bows paper tune meaning the arrows are coming off the rail strait an still inline at longer ranges with good accuracy everythings ok?
good luck!
Last edited by Masboy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Delete
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Actually all limb/riser measurements should never be out more than.031! You wouldn't accetp a rifle or pistol or shotguns chamber & or barreled action to be out .031 or it would bind & cause poor feedin ejectin chamberin n so on!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

That,s for sure! I don,t know if it,s that the limbs under pressure with the sting on making them a different lenth because of the difference in limb strength or what? I,m not smart enough to know these kind of things :lol:

Next time I take my bow apart I will be doing some evening things up a bit but for now if it ain,t broke don,t fix it. I just know about shooting an when my arrows are flying great an hitting where they should :lol: an if that changes I will be adjusting something :lol: