Trouble getting limbs off

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinesap

Trouble getting limbs off

Post by Pinesap »

I don't know how everyone else that has taken there limbs off to send back for warranty but i knew i was in trouble with the 4 smaller allen screws. I got two loose but two are stripped. I'm not sure how you could put any heat on it without damage to the camo? i have a matrix 380 one limb splintered on the side. I used new allen wrenches from lowes so it wasn't worn out tools. I don't like small allen screws on that size screw. anyone have any thoughts on this?
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Trouble getting limbs off

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

One option is to send the limbs with the riser. Who ever is doing the warranty work will take care of the stripped screws. Just confirm before sending, new limbs and screws.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Buying Allen wrenches from Lowes is also part of the problem. Even though they are new, they are still cheap......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Normous

Post by Normous »

Use a dremel and cut a slot on the allen head and use a slotted screw driver. Ask for new hardware with the limbs.
If all fails I agree with Onetimeonly.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

This is the best way to deal with high torque/small fasteners. Just beat the bit into the allen socket (like it owes you money :mrgreen: ), attach the two other pieces, push down and turn.

Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:This is the best way to deal with high torque/small fasteners. Just beat the bit into the allen socket (like it owes you money :mrgreen: ), attach the two other pieces, push down and turn.

x2. had issues with my scope bolts. had to peen over the stripped head and beat a bit into it to remove.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

I don't buy junk tools. these were made in USA so not sure why you want to bash them. I'm a teamster i buy us as much as i can. I also like to buy quality things, thats why i bought an EXCALIBUR MATRIC 380.
now to get back to the problem of the screws. :D :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I striped one. Took a dremel cutting wheel and cut off two sides of the screw. Then used a pair of needle nose visegrips and turned it out. Excalibur sent me new screws free of charge. :wink:
okie143

Post by okie143 »

You can always drill the screw heads off. Just use a small drill bit, the size of the screw not the whole big head.

I agree that the allen heads strip easy. I had two sets of vibration reducer screws strip with only a little pressure.

Excalibur was super thou they sent me new ones.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

I have always said you find out how good a company or product is when you have a problem, and i can say so far they have been GREAT!! actually talked to someone and she was very prompt with the email for the warranty. Well its a great crossbow and i can't wait to get some good outdoor shooting in. as of now at 10 yards indoors it shoots in the same hole every time. Pretty cool!!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Pinesap wrote:I have always said you find out how good a company or product is when you have a problem, and i can say so far they have been GREAT!! actually talked to someone and she was very prompt with the email for the warranty. Well its a great crossbow and i can't wait to get some good outdoor shooting in. as of now at 10 yards indoors it shoots in the same hole every time. Pretty cool!!
Remember just that when you go outside at farther ranges dont shoot at the same hole or it gets expensive :mrgreen:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

JPjunkie wrote:
Pinesap wrote:I have always said you find out how good a company or product is when you have a problem, and i can say so far they have been GREAT!! actually talked to someone and she was very prompt with the email for the warranty. Well its a great crossbow and i can't wait to get some good outdoor shooting in. as of now at 10 yards indoors it shoots in the same hole every time. Pretty cool!!
Remember just that when you go outside at farther ranges dont shoot at the same hole or it gets expensive :mrgreen:
X2 that!!!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Danny Miller is your answer. Send the whole riser/limbs to him.
"Eze 18:21"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:This is the best way to deal with high torque/small fasteners. Just beat the bit into the allen socket (like it owes you money :mrgreen: ), attach the two other pieces, push down and turn.

You forgot the BFH !! :lol:
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Swamp Donky wrote:Send your limb/riser assembly to Excalibur & they will take care of bidness for ya, Ps... :wink:
Its not worth the aggravation send it in to Excalibur.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ