Turkey Hunter's Stirrup Mod

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Turkey Hunter's Stirrup Mod

Post by taz3 »

I've been working on a resolve to allow more clearance for the stirrup, so with time, trial and error, I think I have a simple modification for the stirrup to clear the guillotine as large as 4" with a simple bolt on part and no alterations to the actual crossbow itself. I wanted to keep the fixed stirrup for the safety and added protection to the sharp blades of a broadhead/guillotine. It's still in rough form and needs one last tweak that I will need to be done at a machine shop to make it 100% correct. Only draw back is I can't cock my crossbow with my bad shoulder all the way, but it seems to works well for the 3/4's I can pull it to.

In this pic you can see the old holes above the stirrup and how much further down it is now.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Normous

Re: Turkey Hunter's Stirrup Mod

Post by Normous »

Outstanding idea!,
small, lightweight and unobtrusive.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Well thought out Taz above poster said it all :D

Joe171
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Best idea I have seen yet. Leave it like that perminately. Patent the idea or Excalibur might steal it. :lol: :lol: j/k
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Thanks guys, I went through a million different ideas and kept returning to this one for it's simplicity. I can still remove more material to lighten it more without any affect on it's integrity.

I thought about making it hinged, but you had a bolt loaded and bumped the stirrup it would expose it, plus now there are moving parts. I used the ole K.I.S.S. rule! :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting