matrix 380 scope problem??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

axiluc

matrix 380 scope problem??

Post by axiluc »

just got my m380 and took it out shooting at 20 yards in a lead sled rest very solid, was able to hit bulls eye within a few shot but after that the next shot was at least 4 inches away i am able to bring it back by reajusting my scope but it wont stay shouldnt i be able to hit dam near close to the bulls eye at 20 yards in a rest who thinks its the scope,,, everything is tight on the bow ????????
NEPAbowhunter

Re: matrix 380 scope problem??

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

If everything is tight that leaves the scope. Send it back they will give you a new one to try.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Normous

Post by Normous »

What happens when you shoot the same arrow with the same cock vane down? Are the 4 scope mount screws tight?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

enormous wrote:What happens when you shoot the same arrow with the same cock vane down? Are the 4 scope mount screws tight?
scope is tight all screws tried using arrow that hit dead on but wasnt getting same results on second shot,, i could shoot circles around this bow with my axiom so theres a problem some were,,, thanks for your help.. :)
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

I should get mine tomorrow in the mail, matrix 380. I am going to have a fit if my scope screws up after spending that much money.
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

axiluc wrote:
enormous wrote:What happens when you shoot the same arrow with the same cock vane down? Are the 4 scope mount screws tight?
scope is tight all screws tried using arrow that hit dead on but wasnt getting same results on second shot,, i could shoot circles around this bow with my axiom so theres a problem some were,,, thanks for your help.. :)
If you still have the Axiom then I would suggest you switch the scopes to confirm a scope issue
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

axiluc wrote:just got my m380 and took it out shooting at 20 yards in a lead sled rest very solid, was able to hit bulls eye within a few shot but after that the next shot was at least 4 inches away i am able to bring it back by reajusting my scope but it wont stay shouldnt i be able to hit dam near close to the bulls eye at 20 yards in a rest who thinks its the scope,,, everything is tight on the bow ????????
Everything is tight and shooting using a lead sled to remove human error and trying a fresh arrow, but shots are still erratic. If you are in the states call Danny Miller at (740) 483-2312 for a scope warranty swap or upgrade to a Leupold scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

RonnieM wrote:I should get mine tomorrow in the mail, matrix 380. I am going to have a fit if my scope screws up after spending that much money.
Hey Ronnie, I'm excited for you to get your new bow. Let me reiterate again...PLEASE do yourself a big favor and blue lock-tight all your screws and bolts and leave them overnight to set. I know how hard it is to have to wait to play with a new toy but it really is worth it. :shock: :wink: :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I actually went through this as well. I suggest getting some good magnetic hex bits, pounding them into each bolt and screw and tighten them all down (after cleaning the threads and applying blue lock-tight first). As per quoted message to Ronnie on this thread, doing this first can eliminate questions as to possible scope issues. I also thought I had my scope mount screws tight enough but they weren't. Turned out I still had a defective scope but I knew everything else was solid. Keep us updated. :wink: :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Danny said it would be fine without the locktite. Just after about 12 shots make sure everything is still tight and it should be fine. I will do that first since I ordered it from him. If that does not work then I will use the blue locktite. My main concern is the scope. Should be here tomorrow. We shall see
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

RonnieM wrote:Danny said it would be fine without the locktite. Just after about 12 shots make sure everything is still tight and it should be fine. I will do that first since I ordered it from him. If that does not work then I will use the blue locktite. My main concern is the scope. Should be here tomorrow. We shall see
It will be good :D Theres been so many people sayin there no good noone gives it a chance 3 or 4 shots and there sayin it isnt anygood Its the sky is fallin thing there not all bad and I think that people are just saying they are and there not Mine was fine
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Normous

Post by Normous »

Ronnie, degrease all your screw fasteners and tap holes first. Any leftover manufacturing oils contribute to fasterners loosening with vibration.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

JPjunkie wrote: It will be good :D Theres been so many people sayin there no good noone gives it a chance 3 or 4 shots and there sayin it isnt anygood Its the sky is fallin thing there not all bad and I think that people are just saying they are and there not Mine was fine

??????????
For give me but loss me at noone.
strum

Post by strum »

colouredchameleon wrote:
JPjunkie wrote: It will be good :D Theres been so many people sayin there no good noone gives it a chance 3 or 4 shots and there sayin it isnt anygood Its the sky is fallin thing there not all bad and I think that people are just saying they are and there not Mine was fine

??????????
For give me but loss me at noone.
i think he meant no one :lol:
funny there was a clint eastwood movie that the guys last name was Noone.
turned out to be an alias :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Use a thin film of black silicone inside rings prior to mounting scope. Once it sets up scope will not move in rings and this also prevents rings marking your scope.