Hawke XB30 questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

6x6 elk

Hawke XB30 questions

Post by 6x6 elk »

Looking for a new scope for my Matrix 355. Had a twilight DLX that is having issues with what looks like dust on the inside of the lens, so I am looking at the Hawke XB30. How is the quality of the optics,and are the Hawke scopes known to be durable? Other consideration is the Leupold Shotgun scope, but I like the idea of a lighted retical if I need it.I am looking for durability and good optics in something fairly compact. Thanks for the help.
yooper_man

Re: Hawke XB30 questions

Post by yooper_man »

6x6 elk wrote:Looking for a new scope for my Matrix 355. Had a twilight DLX that is having issues with what looks like dust on the inside of the lens, so I am looking at the Hawke XB30. How is the quality of the optics,and are the Hawke scopes known to be durable? Other consideration is the Leupold Shotgun scope, but I like the idea of a lighted retical if I need it.I am looking for durability and good optics in something fairly compact. Thanks for the help.
I don't know about Hawke optics, but I suggest the Leupold shotgun scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I have an XB30 for my Matrix 380. I have Leupold Ultimate Slam, which is a VX1 series if I am not mistaken. The Leup sits on my Muzzleloader. Side by side in low light, clarity is the same, to me. But that's comparing to a VX1 Leupold.

I've been told that a VXR series, which is what some seem to be using, is lighter and will outperform other scopes in low light. But they are firearm scopes and reticle marks won't necessarily meet at an even 20,30,40,50,60 yards like an XB30 will. But there are trade-offs with everything, right?

The crossbones scope is x-bow specific and from the Leupold line, but I think it is a VX1 and has no illumination.

Personally, Im waiting for Leupold crossbow scope that is illuminated. Vortex has a nice looking crossbow scope too. Might want to check those out.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I have the xb30 mounted on my nox. I can't complain about it at all. Only hunted with it for 1 season but it has performed well. I also like the lighted reticle. I shoot illuminated Leupold scopes on all my rifles and would have purchased the crossbones scope if it came with the illuminated reticle. I think you'll be happy with an xb30.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used one for about 3 years best crossbow scope I have used todate .
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Farmer wrote:Have used one for about 3 years best crossbow scope I have used todate .
X2
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
6x6 elk

Post by 6x6 elk »

Which scope is the best scope that "Farmer" ever used? I Must have missed that somewhere?
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Farmer wrote:Have used one for about 3 years best crossbow scope I have used todate .
X2
XB-30 for me, I believe Farmer is referring to your question also (XB-30)
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I put an XB-1 on my Vortex last year. (same as XB-30 but 1" tube/rings) I like it and have had no issues. As a nerd, I also like the Hawke app you can download for your phone. It helps with setting up the multiple crosshairs.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I just received my new 380 set up last Thursday and I opted for the XB30. I got to do some shooting with it yesterday and I really like it, it sighted in beautifully, nice and clear. the only thing I didn't like is that at 30 yards there is no crosshair you use the little opening in the bottom of the 20 yard circle. The rest of the yardage is marked fine. Not a big problem just a little odd. I will keep this scope on my bow and work with it just going to have to get used to that 30 yard shot. By the way it seems to me that most of my shots at deer are 20-30 yards.
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

XB SR Reticle

See the opening in the bottom of the circle? That's the 30 yard spot!
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

tommybobusa

Post by tommybobusa »

Take a look at Nikon XR 3X32 BDC 60 Crossbow Scope . I got mine a couple of Years ago from Amazon . Real nice and clear , great low light , crosshair and circles aiming points out to 60 yards . Price is right for real Quality .
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

like my shadow zone a lot, six deer in two years ,four of them were at dark thirty.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

UPSMAN wrote: I think you'll be happy with an xb30.
I concur.
Didn't much care for the Tact Zone that came with the Matrix 380 (although the fellow who inherited it is more than happy). So, I swapped it out for Hawke's XB 30 Compact. Nice and light, great light transmission (even at dusk I felt I did not really need the illuminated reticle, but nice to have). Also went with the SR reticle, as I didn't much care for the MAP version. The SR offers aiming points out to 100 yards, which well suits my "off-season" pursuits:

Good piece of kit IMO, and one I'll likely stick with for the foreseeable future...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."