It is alive! The 380 is here:-)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RonnieM

It is alive! The 380 is here:-)

Post by RonnieM »

Got the Matrix 380 yesterday, stoked! Put it together and my rope is rubbing my REDs. I called and talked with Danny. He is sending me the rope aid and another rope. The other rope for backup. But before I shoot it I need to back the rope off a little. Figured get that in a few more days then headed outside to take some shots and dial that baby in. Got Big John making me some more bolts too. Spring turkey season is right around the corner :D
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
strum

Re: It is alive! The 380 is here:-)

Post by strum »

glad to hear you got it in. it will be some fun fun shootin..
I guess when you say rope you mean string? and you have a stringing aid coming so you can add some twists and get it off the REDs?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Yep, I meant string, little excited. And yes, its riding on my REDs.
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

I cannot figure out how to post pics on here. It will not let me post any???
strum

Post by strum »

RonnieM wrote:I cannot figure out how to post pics on here. It will not let me post any???
u have to use photo bucket of something similar
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

RonnieM wrote:I cannot figure out how to post pics on here. It will not let me post any???
Ronnie,
you are not the only one with problems posting pictures. I see the same comment very often and I am in that same boat. I finally just gave up trying. tired of wasting my time and getting no where with my attempts. congrats on the 380!
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

RonnieM wrote:Image

congrats on figuring it out :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

That's awesome! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. :D .....and thanks for clearing that up Strum, I was :?: but then :idea: :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Congratulations. Hot bow. By the looks of your pictures you'll be buying one for a future hunting buddy. Just 2 comments. First no shooting groups unless you like buying arrows. The bow is that accurate. Second spine your arrows. I found it made a world of difference. Enjoy.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

CFD940 wrote:Congratulations. Hot bow. By the looks of your pictures you'll be buying one for a future hunting buddy. Just 2 comments. First no shooting groups unless you like buying arrows. The bow is that accurate. Second spine your arrows. I found it made a world of difference. Enjoy.
Yea, she will be ready before too long. Right now just my fishing buddy.....I am not sure what you mean by "spine your arrow"?
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

Ronnie, how is it for you to cock it? Better start saving for another one (or a Vixen) for your future hunting partner.....
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Lots of info about this on this site. Basically you're looking for the best flight from you arrow. The easiest way is to number your vanes start with #1 down see how it flies. Then go to #2 down better did it fly better or worse. Same for #3. How did they compare. The vane that flew best track down indicates the rough position of spine. Put a star on that vane and set that one aside. I shot each one of my arrows from the same vane down position 3 times to insure I had the right vane down position. Hopefully others will also comment and clarify my explanation. Another thing this site can save you a lot of money if you search before you buy. Also my granddaughters 14 & 12 love to hunt with me.
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Lots of info about this on this site. Basically you're looking for the best flight from you arrow. The easiest way is to number your vanes start with #1 down see how it flies. Then go to #2 down better did it fly better or worse. Same for #3. How did they compare. The vane that flew best track down indicates the rough position of spine. Put a star on that vane and set that one aside. I shot each one of my arrows from the same vane down position 3 times to insure I had the right vane down position. Hopefully others will also comment and clarify my explanation. Another thing this site can save you a lot of money if you search before you buy. Also my granddaughters 14 & 12 love to hunt with me.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Guys I am kind of slow, totally new to crossbows. The bolt flight, spine thing, is throwing me a little. Not sure if I totally understand. I will have good bolts since I have big john making me some. Also cocking is not bad. I got bored last night and was cocking and decocking it. Not too bad. I also lost must of the use in my left arm from a bad motorcycle wreck years back. My main thing is holding it steady. I will get it down though. I also got a shooter stick coming in. Just ready to fill the freezer, stock some deer and turkey- the best part, and putting a bolt through it for a fast kill. Just hunting for the meat. Not really into trophies. Do not get me wrong if I see a buck that big and older I will take him. Other than that does and letting the little guys get big and breed away. Got lots of does so feel better dropping them.