Bubble level

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lovelight

Bubble level

Post by lovelight »

While practicing today I noticed my son canting the crossbow and the influence it has on accuracy. Does anyone else have a level on their bow and if so, how do you have it mounted? I see one online that mounts on the scope tube but I'm not sure I can make that fit on my rig. There might be room underneath the scope and above the ADF. Just curious if other folks have installed a level and what worked for them.
onebigskittle

Re: Bubble level

Post by onebigskittle »

lovelight wrote:While practicing today I noticed my son canting the crossbow and the influence it has on accuracy. Does anyone else have a level on their bow and if so, how do you have it mounted? I see one online that mounts on the scope tube but I'm not sure I can make that fit on my rig. There might be room underneath the scope and above the ADF. Just curious if other folks have installed a level and what worked for them.
I have one mounted on the riser
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Danny Miller sells a stick on one that mounts on the riser.

Bucktail
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I use a Vortex bubble level that attaches to the tube of the scope (comes either 1" or 30-34-35mm).

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vor ... bble-level
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Mr. Cellophane

Post by Mr. Cellophane »

I have bubble levels mounted on the risers all of my Excalibur Crossbows. The
straight machined risers including the Paradox AKA Maxpoint compound riser
had pre driilled holes for attaching the bubble levels to the risers or for attaching the front pinsight. Dan Miller sold these screw in type bubble levels
up until Excalibur came out with the forward machined risers know Dan Miller sells the stick on type because the newer forward risers no longer have the predrilled holes for the front pin sights. The first year the Exomax came out it had a great forward riser with the predrilled holes for the pin front sights and this riser would also accept the STS Bumpers Since I am right eye domminate I mount the bubble level on the left side of the riser. I have seen some crossbow shooters with two bubble levels mounted one on the right and one on the left of the risers. If your scope is leveled correctly with the crosshairs level these
bubble levels keep your shots straight if you view them. They will not be true if your scope crosshairs ,rail and bubble level are off. Ebay sells alot of ring type
scope bubbles. Look at the photos of the different risers that were resently posted on this forum to get an idea for bubble level placement.
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Thanks gentlemen. Looks like I'll be giving Danny Miller a call. Somehow, many of my questions end up that way. :D
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

onebigskittle wrote:
lovelight wrote:While practicing today I noticed my son canting the crossbow and the influence it has on accuracy. Does anyone else have a level on their bow and if so, how do you have it mounted? I see one online that mounts on the scope tube but I'm not sure I can make that fit on my rig. There might be room underneath the scope and above the ADF. Just curious if other folks have installed a level and what worked for them.
I have one mounted on the riser
X2 here. I'm setup exactly the same. Perfect for checking level when in a shooting position.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

xcaliber wrote:Blayne, i like that little booger a lot! That will do the job, and help leveling the bow when changing, or installing a scope. Nice! :D
Thanks Dan, She has a better feel to her than my full camo Exomax does.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

yep, bubble level from home depot and glued it on the quiver mount :roll:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton