Did it again...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Re: Did it again...

Post by Cossack »

See?
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

thanks for stepping to the plate ! PREZ ! :P there has been a rather lack of volunteers as of late; i'm ASSuming u have held this prestigious position in the past? not 2 worry u r in great company that is why this is a great club (brotherhood of the forgotten arrow). :oops: :lol:
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Cossack wrote:See?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

It has always amazed me how much damage a dryfire can cause when you consider how little an arrow and broadhead veins etc. weight. Glad you suffered no damage. I had a loose nock on a compound bow simulate a dryfire. Went to nock an arrow when I went hunting one time and noticed my nock was still on the string from the last time I had went hunting. Used a different arrow and forgot about the loose nock. Went to target practice and the best I could figure out, the nock separated from the arrow when I was about to shoot and simulated a dry fire. No damage to the limbs, but the bow came unstrung in my face, made a bad noise and the wheels were spinning. I never was the same shooting a compound again. I can still shoot pretty good, but the groups aren't what they used to be :D
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

georgiaboy wrote:DRY FIRE that is!!!! :evil: :evil: :oops:
I finally got a small break in the weather this afternoon so i decided to check my 20yd zero on my Vixen in the back yard. My first three shots were a tad low so one click on the scope and i should be set. Get back down on the sand bag, steady my breathing...squeeze the trigger & WHACK!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ARE YOU @#$^*!% KIDDING ME!!!! :x :x :x
How did i manage this :!: :?: I'm the only one back here, no distraction's. :|
Well time for a system's check. Limbs...good. String...good. Shorts...not good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've already dropped this bow 20ft from my climber, and now a dry fire. Still shooting dead nutz. 8) 8)
I guess team Dry fire has a new prezzz!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
You now qualify for a chance to win the anti-dry fire mount. To be given away, this year... :lol: :lol: :roll:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks