Moose Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Moose Hunt

Post by rattlerun »

Thinking about a moose hunt with a couple other guys, and have been looking at a place called Horwood Lake Lodge near Timmins, Ontario. The owners were new last year so they don't have much in the way of references. I was wondering if any of you forum readers, have either hunted there or know of anybody that has.
Phone numbers would be great.
munch

Re: Moose Hunt

Post by munch »

my brother and i do a do it yourself hunt around thunder bay. but last year flew in with snake falls resort in red lake. rob and nancy rowe are great people . .we missed a cow the second day and the fishing at the out post was unbelievable. i filed all the bards on my hooks i was literately sick of catching fish
http://www.snakefalls.com/
we flew into an area called 1c the season opens early sept and you can use any type of bow or firearm .i only saw one plan fly over in 8 days and not another person
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

munch wrote:my brother and i do a do it yourself hunt around thunder bay. but last year flew in with snake falls resort in red lake. rob and nancy rowe are great people . .we missed a cow the second day and the fishing at the out post was unbelievable. i filed all the bards on my hooks i was literately sick of catching fish
http://www.snakefalls.com/
we flew into an area called 1c the season opens early sept and you can use any type of bow or firearm .i only saw one plan fly over in 8 days and not another person
That is my dream hunt. I won't likely get to do it until I retire though due to work obligations, because I can't ever get extended stretches of time off in the fall:(

Only 20 more years to retirement...
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
jamtarthunter

Post by jamtarthunter »

Rattlerun
Which WMU is the lodge in Timmens that you are thinking of going to?
Is it the southern part or 30 or is it 29? Just curious as both those areas are hunted real hard. Not trying to be negative just trying to help as friends and family groups have tried those areas with little success. If you have a opportunity and can manage to go further north to either zones like 16a, 16b, 16c or 17 or 18a or 18b. Greater numbers and greater success rates.
The group that I normally go up with but haven't the past few years due to work, we hunt out of WMU 18b and usually have great success. Now I am talking firearms season but there are a half dozen lads that go up in the early archery season and have good success as well.
Cheers :D
Jamtarthunter
Matrix 380 Xtra
Leupold Crossbones 2x7x33
Matrix 355 Xtra
Matrix 330 ( For The Mrs )
Exomax

Easton Diablo w Lumenok
Muzzy Crosskill
jamtarthunter

Post by jamtarthunter »

Rattlerun

Just a few places I thought that you may like to look at online.

Wild goose lake resort, Comfy cabins as we stayed there a few years back. We now use travel trailers.

Pasha lake cabins, word of mouth good area.

Northern woods lodge, the same heard it was a good area.

Hope this helps as I'm not trying to change your mind or anything I'm just a good ol Ontario boy who has had way to many disappointments up north and some good memories as well.
Cheers
Jamtarthunter
Matrix 380 Xtra
Leupold Crossbones 2x7x33
Matrix 355 Xtra
Matrix 330 ( For The Mrs )
Exomax

Easton Diablo w Lumenok
Muzzy Crosskill
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

Thanks for the replys. The lodge is in WMU 31. The hunt is not carved in stone yet. May look elsewhere or next year.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Have a look at White River Air (North to Adventure is their website as well. They run an excellent outfit hunting in 21 a&b and 22. My group has been archery hunting moose with these guys for 30 yrs now. Freezer is always full of moose.