Should have known better

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Should have known better

Post by Raymond »

Well Folks, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I might as well laugh as to cry, even though I would rather cry, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Things were finally going my way for once. But, I should have known better, things was working out right for me for once to easy. I had a buddy come over and I just happened to mention that I might sell my Equinox Crossbow and he asked me how much I wanted for it and he said sold. I was happier than a pig in you know what. I could now buy a Matrix 330 or a Matrix 355. I was leaning more towards the Matrix 330. I was really excited and just waiting for my wife to come home so she could drive me out to the store where I previously worked before I got sick so I could order a new Matrix crossbow.
As soon as she comes into the house I knew something was wrong. She was reading a document and then she told me. We had to come up with a certain amount of money for the bank right away. So my Equinox was already paid for and my dream of a new Matrix just flew out the window. I know this has happened to quite a few others of you for some reason or another and you also had to sell your crossbow. Now that I sold my Baby and am without one I sure know exactly how you felt and it doesn't feel good. But we do what we have to do I guess.
What is the easiest thing for someone like me on a fixed income to do, buy crossbow parts here and there as I can afford them and build a Excalibur crossbow or is it actually cheaper to buy a complete crossbow? I value your opinions very much, so please give me some advice because I do not know what to do from this point on. Thank you all who can and will give me advice.
Thank You,
Raymond
taz3

Re: Should have known better

Post by taz3 »

I know it's not the best news for you right now, but there have been some great deals on the pre-Matrix Xbows here lately. My advise would be to start yourself a jar that you can toss a little money in at a time in and you may save enough over a bit of time to buy a used Xbow or possibly a used Matrix. We have had a few Matrix sell real quick at some decent prices, so I gotta believe as the popularity increases more used ones will begin to surface over time.

My Dad has always told me things happen for a reason, and just because you can't see it today doesn't mean there isn't a reason.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

It cheaper to buy a complete crossbow. Trying to build one from parts will definitely cost more.

Check the Trading Post, there are a few being listed for good prices.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Save your pennies Ray, with every one on the Matrix band wagon the other models have been a steal to buy second hand.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Lot's of opportunities for getting a good used bow, as folks are doing what you wanted to do: re-bow. Just bought a great compound bow from someone who needed the cash. You may not get your ideal bow but at least you'll be able to hunt.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
BeerNutz1960

Post by BeerNutz1960 »

Cossack wrote:Lot's of opportunities for getting a good used bow, as folks are doing what you wanted to do: re-bow. Just bought a great compound bow from someone who needed the cash. You may not get your ideal bow but at least you'll be able to hunt.
Solid Advice
2011 Exocet 200 lite Package
Fire Bolts
125 gr Rage 2 Blade Cross Bow
Stock Excal String
S5 System
Amazed by this Weapon
DaGriz Knife
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I just thought of something. You know how they say every cloud has a silver-lining.
Well, after all your hard efforts to sell your Equinox without success, you found someone to purchase it for your asking price, and just in the "nick of time".

It seems that the good Lord put money in your hands when you needed it most. Yes the Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways. He might not take care of our wants, but will take care of our needs.

Just try to imagine what you would have done if you couldn't come up with the money to give the bank. :shock:

So Raymond you see, you do have good luck after all. So smile, :) and be thankful.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Wise words above by ComfyBear.

What that old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I never sell anything till I have the new one. If I have to sell old one to buy new one then I can't really afford it to begin with. You will find another for a good deal if you take your time. :)
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

wheelie wrote:Wise words above by ComfyBear.

What that old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I never sell anything till I have the new one. If I have to sell old one to buy new one then I can't really afford it to begin with. You will find another for a good deal if you take your time. :)
May I add a few more....
Raymond wrote:I had a buddy come over and I just happened to mention that I might sell my Equinox Crossbow and he asked me how much I wanted for it and he said sold.
Something tells me that if your buddy is a real friend, he won't mind you borrowing the Equinox from time to time, until you save enough to buy a replacement.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

okie143

Post by okie143 »

Don't forget to post a Wanted to Trade WTT in the want ads also. I know lots of guys who like to trade versus sell.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran