Relayer Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Relayer Crossbow

Post by BryanOney »

Did any other company make a Relayer crossbow other than Excalibur. There is one for sale in Cleveland for 85 dollars. Not much info and no pics with it if any oner is interested.
Mr. Cellophane

Re: Relayer Crossbow

Post by Mr. Cellophane »

The only Relayer crossbow I ever saw was made by Excalibur. This bow could be an older model with condition issues or the seller does not know the value of the bow. This bow could have a misprinted value. If this is a Y25 Relayer the price could be $850.00 or more, only one thousand of these numbered bows were made and I heard six have been destroyed by mishaps or accidents. If the seller listed a phone number why not ask him some questions. But remeber,sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Excalibur started out in 1983, making the "Relayer" which was a single limb recurve crossbow, which had a wooden stock. The Relayer Y25 was made to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the company, hence the name and wooden stock.

Therefore the Relayer for sale in Cleveland might be the 1983 model.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Tom

Post by Tom »

BryanOney wrote:Did any other company make a Relayer crossbow other than Excalibur. There is one for sale in Cleveland for 85 dollars. Not much info and no pics with it if any oner is interested.
If the limb is in great condition, the limb alone is worth more then $100.

The bow itself is a great bow. They shoot great and as dependable as today s models. Trouble with those earlier models (single limb) was that if you dry fire them, the limb was toast and they are no longer available.

To be honest, if it were in my city and the bow was in good condition, I would take out a loan to get it as that would be a deal and you could easily get more for it come hunting season.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]