Tact-Zone vs crossbones

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinesap

Tact-Zone vs crossbones

Post by Pinesap »

OK i know everyone seems to like them but how much difference is there? I cant find the weight of tact zone i assume its more than crossbones. I would like to see one just to see, thats never a good idea. lol I have a bushnell firefly for my rifle you shine a light in and the crosshairs glow for a while. no batteries. wish they had something like that for the crossbones.
yooper_man

Re: Tact-Zone vs crossbones

Post by yooper_man »

I did briefly owned the Tact-Zone scope, but never felt the need to weigh it. I do know the Leupold Crossbones weighs 9.9 ounces and I would guess the Tact-Zone is very close to 16 ounces. Excalibur's scope rings are also heavier then Leupold's Rifleman detachable low rings. I sold the Tact-Zone scope, lens caps and Excalibur scope rings unused from my Matrix 355 package.

I personally don't want an illuminated nor ballistic reticle, but my Matrix 355 wears a Leupold VX-I in 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope with the Turkey plex reticle mounted with Leupold Rifleman detachable low rings. The critical last few minutes of legal shooting my Leupold reticle is bright and fully visible.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Lots! Leupold will not let you down. It is lighter, way better glass so low light resolution is much better. Overall price difference between the two is under $100.00 and for what you are getting that's a heck of a lot of upgrade for $100.00. If your like many and forced to buy package all in then you have more to spend unfortunately. My dealer swapped em out when bought 380 and only cost me $80.00 more to upgrade.

I'd not hunt outside of my backyard if I had to rely on any Excalibur scope, seen too many fail on big hunts!
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I had a tactzone for a spell,didn't get on with it though so sold it on a used my xb30 old style which is a good scope but heavy.
Then got a loopy crossbones.
I'll not be changing that,it's a great scope,even when the light is rubbish.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Daylight and dark difference! :lol:
skynyrd

Post by skynyrd »

I just went from the tact-zone to the crossbones and I think it is way clearer. I have not been able to go out and shoot with it yet but I think it is a keeper for sure. It did not come with any scope covers and I was thinking about putting some of the cheap butler creek flip up caps on. Does anybody know what size I would need for the eyepiece and objective? They have them at 37.3-37.7 mm for the eye piece and 37.7-38.1mm for the objective does that sound about right? Thanks