Brownell Fury String Material

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Brownell Fury String Material

Post by 8ptbuk »

Anybody tried any Fury from Brownell to build strings with ??? How does it compare to brownells other materials ? Thanks :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Re: Brownell Fury String Material

Post by vixenmaster »

I haven't tried it yet as its fairly new. Its smaller dia. so it makes a rounder string. Its also one of their strongest materials. You will need to add a little overall length cause it will twist up short on you & once it sets on very little creep its like steel cable strong
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I seen bowhunter super store had it and had'nt heard anybody mention trying it yet so I thought Id ask . Thanks Vixenmaster for replying .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks Dan for the info , I seen it last night and thought I would ask about it . :)

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

How does it compare to XS2?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

xcaliber wrote:I have spoken with Rob at Brownell. The single strand breaking strength is upper 80#. Recommended strand count would be 40 minimum for Matrix.
Whats the safety ratio on strands per string ? Why would you discount all Matrix models?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

I'm pretty pleased with XS2. With a 36 strand string I can do 3 bundles of 12 instead of 2 bundles of 20.

Although it is smaller, it seems you trade off some strength so it isn't clear there is a reason to use it over XS2. I read something online suggesting it is the same as XS2 except smaller. Don't know if that is accurate or not.