Wax and string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Wax and string

Post by bobcattrapper »

I see these posts on waxing the string.When I bought my Axiom I asked Danny Miller about waxing it.He told me NO WAX. I think I ask him about it one more time later as I was getting another string from him and would of ordered some wax from him.Told me NO WAX.I now have a flemish string on it and it does feel real waxy so it don't ever need no more?.Maybe that one does and the one that came with bow don't?I am totally confused now and don't want to ask him again about the waxing string :?
lovelight

Re: Wax and string

Post by lovelight »

Waxing the serving will help extend their usable life. That is the only thing I wax with any regularity. I'll inspect the loops from time to time and wax them when I flip ends to even out wear. Very little wax is needed.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I like to dress my string when it gets dry feelin. I don't cake the wax, jus light coat of it. If'en you let the string material fibers get dried it can break in two in my opinion. I do knowed i have had 2 break on me thru the yrs. They were dried out no wax feelin in them. To each his/her own. :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The sting bundles are under inedible pressure, esp under the serving. The strands tend to chafe against each other if not lubricate. Personally, I use a light non greasy dressing like Dalton's String Conditioner every 50 short of so. Make my own strings, been waxing as above with 6 bows, only 1 string broke--that a factory made string with tag ends not properly anchored.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Danny Miller doesnt like wax on the string or serving because folks over do it and it builds up in the trigger unit. Wax attracts dirt and whatever, then when there are problems with the trigger, Danny has to fix them.