Quandry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Quandry

Post by paulaboutform »

retrieverman wrote:As a follow up, I bought a Matrix 380, and it came in yesterday. My Exomax isn't that old, but wow, the Matrix seems to me like a huge step forward in crossbow technology.

I put an Eotech on it and took three shots to get it sighted it. I shot it again today, and it is a pleasure to shoot.

My son saw a group of hogs on our place today, and I'm thinking I would like to see if my new crossbow will kill a pig. Bet it will! :wink:
Congratulations! That's a great choice and your gonna love it. Keep us updated on those hogs. Some of us are fanatical hog killers! :wink: :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

I would have gone all the way to the 405. You already have a crossbow that slings bolts to 350 fps. The 380 fps is only a bit more so why not go all the way to 405 fps? You can use the Exomax for target shooting and the 405 for hunting.
Vortex
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I am in the same boat as the OP only I sold my Exomax a couple weeks ago. Now I am back and forth with the 380 or 405. I am 62 ,6"2 ,210 lbs and in pretty good shape yet so pulling the Exomax was easy. Just not sure how the 405 would be or if I really need the 405. Actually I guess no one really needs a 405 but the flat trajectory would be nice.I don't shoot much target but will be hunting deer with it. As someone else said I hate to get the 380 and always wonder what that 405 would have been like. The bowshop a few miles ( MOR Archery in Utica, Michigan)from me will be getting 405's in a week or two they told me to come in cock one and shoot it. So we will see....
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

Michiganhunter.I 've heard nothing but good things about Mor Archery.Haven't been there yet but I hear they're very helpful.
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Luckymike, Yes the guys in MOR Archery are very friendly and helpful. They have a couple of real nice ranges for bow and crossbow. I have been doing this bow hunting thing for 50 years and been to many archery shops here in Michigan over the years and these guys are first class. You go in and they act like you are a friend, they treat customers well and take their time with them. The gun shop in the same building has very competitive prices on guns and ammo as well.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Michiganhunter wrote:I am in the same boat as the OP only I sold my Exomax a couple weeks ago. Now I am back and forth with the 380 or 405. I am 62 ,6"2 ,210 lbs and in pretty good shape yet so pulling the Exomax was easy. Just not sure how the 405 would be or if I really need the 405. Actually I guess no one really needs a 405 but the flat trajectory would be nice.I don't shoot much target but will be hunting deer with it. As someone else said I hate to get the 380 and always wonder what that 405 would have been like. The bowshop a few miles ( MOR Archery in Utica, Michigan)from me will be getting 405's in a week or two they told me to come in cock one and shoot it. So we will see....
Make sure and post what you think of it. I like hearing the different opinions.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.