Fletching question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RonnieM

Fletching question

Post by RonnieM »

I have the diablos bolts that came with my 380 and have more custom bolts on the way. I messed up the fletching on my diablos from shooting groups, to accurate-380 that is. I was going to buy glue and vanes today bc I have a friend down the road that had a fletching jig and he said he would fix them for me just get the stuff. I have another friend who told me there is different ways to fletch and not sure how they do the diablos. I have no clue what he is really talking about so was wondering if someone could help me out when I have my other friend to fletch my vanes back. Not sure what to tell him and how to do it
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
strum

Re: Fletching question

Post by strum »

not sure what your asking ..if your friend can fletch them then he should know what to do ..I never had the diablos but im assuming they are straight fletched..if they are and your friend can do them with a helical(could be what you other friend is talking about ) then that is the way to go..
if you can pick up some Blazer vanes and some gorilla glue blue top youll end up with some much better arrows..IMHO
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

strum wrote:not sure what your asking ..if your friend can fletch them then he should know what to do ..I never had the diablos but im assuming they are straight fletched..if they are and your friend can do them with a helical(could be what you other friend is talking about ) then that is the way to go..
if you can pick up some Blazer vanes and some gorilla glue blue top youll end up with some much better arrows..IMHO
Thanks man. That's what he was telling me. He was not sure if the diablo vanes were done straight or helical and I think another way. You answered my question. I had no clue what he was talking about.
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

My diablo bolts do not have straight fletchings
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Try using some hot water or steam from a tea kettle. It works wonders on bent and mis-shapen fletchings.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Fletching friend should be able to tell your fletching offset/helical by looking at your arrow and then match it up for you. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

j.krug wrote:Fletching friend should be able to tell your fletching offset/helical by looking at your arrow and then match it up for you. :)
Or he has no clue either :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

I got me some blazer vanes and some glue today. The guy fixing refletching my vanes shoots only vertical bows and does all of his straight. Going to get me a helical fletching jig in the near future
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

get yourself an AZ EZ Fletcher for short vanes. They are designed to put a more aggressive helix over the short distance of a 2" vane. A helical fletch typically gives the best arrow flight with ultra fast arrows and muscle bows.

And they are easy to use and work great!
In the Wind.......
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Thanks. Will find me one
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

RonnieM wrote:I got me some blazer vanes and some glue today. The guy fixing refletching my vanes shoots only vertical bows and does all of his straight. Going to get me a helical fletching jig in the near future
The Helical has the same affect as the Rifiling on a gun is all it is Ronnie just razzin about your buddy The helical works on regular compounds too
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

You may want take a look at the Bohning Tower jig for crossbow bolts under 50.00 dollars at Bowhunters warehouse. 8)
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
jamtarthunter

Post by jamtarthunter »

Try NAP Quickfletch online, if you can boil water your in good shape lol.
There a pre done wrap with the vanes already on them, simply strip you old ones off clean the surface and slide them on dip into boiled water that's cooled for 30 seconds and wait 10 seconds and that's it.
Youtube has dozens of clips on how to do them. I just did a 6 pack up on my diablos and they group the same if not a little better with the quick spin fletching.
cheers :D
Jamtarthunter
Matrix 380 Xtra
Leupold Crossbones 2x7x33
Matrix 355 Xtra
Matrix 330 ( For The Mrs )
Exomax

Easton Diablo w Lumenok
Muzzy Crosskill
Twisted Mister

Post by Twisted Mister »

I did 4 the other night with my new Bolt tool that came with my Vortex. Went pretty well, and they are helical. You put all three vanes in, add the glue, and close the tool real slow. The guy that sold me the Vortex showed me, it was pretty easy actually.