I'm confused

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUSTANUFF

I'm confused

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Well,,as some of you may know,,,I have been on the hunt for a forward riser for my Vixen that is fitted with a 14" Axiom aluminum rail,,,so far no luck,,even tried Dan Miller,,so I had e-mailed Donna @ Excal,,,the reply I received kind of took me by surprize,,,,#1,,,Excal does not typically sell that part,,#2 the forward riser I am requesting does not fit my mainframe,,,MMMMMMMM,,,so am I missing something here?? :?:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Normous

Re: I'm confused

Post by Normous »

I see a new Excalibur for you in the Crystal Ball.
A Matrix 330 :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

enormous wrote:I see a new Excalibur for you in the Crystal Ball.
A Matrix 330 :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Possibly,,but I am not quite ready to give up,,a very knowledgable person PM"D me and confirmed that because I have an Axiom aluminum rail,,the forward riser would take a little grinding,machining to work,,,next step is to see if I can have my cast riser machined,,,otherwise to the Trading Post it goes,,,shame,,,it is like brand new.
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Axiom rail alum. should be 14 1/2" unless its been cut. I never knowed that a Forward Riser didn't fit a Axiom ? Jus what Riser do they have on it ? If'en it is a Forward Riser, then Donna needs to learn about Excals models!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Why would a cast Riser be on a Axiom model ? Jus how do you machine down a cast Riser ? I am trying to grasp this, really!
Half Bubble Off BD360

JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

vixenmaster wrote:Axiom rail alum. should be 14 1/2" unless its been cut. I never knowed that a Forward Riser didn't fit a Axiom ? Jus what Riser do they have on it ? If'en it is a Forward Riser, then Donna needs to learn about Excals models!
Well Vixenmaster,,,here is what I have been told,,,let me mention again that Danny Miller put together this bow for a member here to begin with,,I can see on the rhs of the rail it sez Axiom,,my understandin it's 14",,,it very well may have been cut down,,but I could re-measure if I knew where the points were,,,,,
The Vixen forward riser has a 90 degree lower rear corner,,and the current Axiom is radiused to accomodate a radiused corner where that lower rear corners sit's,,,to make a forward riser fit into a Axiom rail you would need to grind/machine the riser to fit,,,,,,,(hope that makes sense to ya'all),,,if that's the case I'm thinkin of sellin it,,,other wise I found a guy into Excal's about an hour drive from me who possiblt may be able to machine it to copy a reiforward riser off a Phoenix which is the riser I am after,,,,gee this is fun stuff :lol:
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

OK original Axiom came wid 14 1/2" rail alum. wid a Forward Riser. This is the one that was built wid a tall ht cast Riser. OK, its tuff to find a Forward Riser by itself. You end up buyin a complete Excal to get that part. Then you sell off all the other parts. Been there done that. Best help i can give you is to sell yer Excal buy a 330 or 355
Half Bubble Off BD360

JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

vixenmaster wrote:OK original Axiom came wid 14 1/2" rail alum. wid a Forward Riser. This is the one that was built wid a tall ht cast Riser. OK, its tuff to find a Forward Riser by itself. You end up buyin a complete Excal to get that part. Then you sell off all the other parts. Been there done that. Best help i can give you is to sell yer Excal buy a 330 or 355
Possibly,,,deciding factor is I gotta go pull one,,,I have shot a 355,,,Nice....money is also a concern at this time,,,a 175lbr is all I need to make me happy,,,check yer pm
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

:lol: I have 3 Excals 2 older Vixens & an older 165, slow to some but deer seem to be happy when shot wid them! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

vixenmaster wrote::lol: I have 3 Excals 2 older Vixens & an older 165, slow to some but deer seem to be happy when shot wid them! :)
I don't think the deer are very happy , more like they are freezer stuffing :lol: :wink:
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Thanks for all the input and PM's on this,,,think we have it figured out,,,Forward riser is all I need,,,the search continues,,, :D
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string