Rinehart 18-1 targets, and arrow removal?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Roadrunnr72

Rinehart 18-1 targets, and arrow removal?

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I know that Danny Miller has the best puller for these targets, but I have heard about people lubing the ends of the arrow shafts for an easier removal. What are you using? Or find that works best? I want one to practice with, and maybe get a Tom this year.....Thanks.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
georgiaboy

Re: Rinehart 18-1 targets, and arrow removal?

Post by georgiaboy »

What works best for me...one foot on the rinehart and pullllll. :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

I put silicon arrow lube on mine. I just got a 18-1 wed. forgot to lube 3 arrows , yep one foot on target and pull your guts out lol.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

yep, silicone spray works well. Just some dish soap works too.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Use a fixed blade broadhead, much easier to remove IMO and good practice.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Another option is to take some acetone on rag and wipe logo and any writing off shaft. It is this paint that melts on impact and then hardens by time you get to target making removal a beast. I find it very handy as it makes it simple to keep track of my practice shafts - one's with no logo on them.

You will not need any lube/silicone after doing this.
Yarak

Post by Yarak »

I use Danny's pliers and yes, they do work great. But I have also found that giving the arrow a slight twist helps, when pulling from my Rinehart.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

dont shoot into a rinehart when its super cold either. its not fun getting them out. :lol: if you get a stubborn arrow just lay it down front side up put your foot on it to hold it down while pulling. i use a little fluid film lube if needed on a rag with a quick wipe.
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to give Danny a call and order a puller, and I think he sells the slick tricks, if so, I'm going to give them a try. I have been using Swhackers and want a fixed blade.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I use an old piece of left over soap bar.I just rub the last 6 inches of the arrow with it.Works pretty good plus found a use for the small piece of soap.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Try this stuff. I use it on arrows out of my 355 in in my basement shooting at a Rhino Block at 11 yards. Arrows come out no problem.

Scorpion Venom

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/scorpio ... fluid.html
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

phern wrote:Doesn't anyone use the rubber hot dog bun thing to pull their arrows? I find that my arrows come out great with these things. Sometimes the arrows go into my block, right up to the fletchings so I have to grab the fletchings at the same time and have not ripped off any fletchings yet. I no longer shoot at my block under 20 yards.

I have one of those. Works pretty good, but I don't have the 18-1 target yet. It's on the "to get list". Didn't know how well it would work, as most seem to like Danny's pullers.......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

phern wrote:Doesn't anyone use the rubber hot dog bun thing to pull their arrows? I find that my arrows come out great with these things. Sometimes the arrows go into my block, right up to the fletchings so I have to grab the fletchings at the same time and have not ripped off any fletchings yet. I no longer shoot at my block under 20 yards.
I use one of those hotdog things now, i want to try the pliers from Danny miller.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Roadrunnr72 wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'm going to give Danny a call and order a puller, and I think he sells the slick tricks, if so, I'm going to give them a try. I have been using Swhackers and want a fixed blade.....RR
when you get the pullers, you will not have t worry about arrow removal! they work great.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I guess not all Rinehart material is made the same, I have a Rinehart Rhino block and have no problems with arrow removal, and my Excal mechanical broadhead come out like butter. I have Scorpion Venom which works great but I never use it, just with the DM pliars I have no problem.

But the one thing I do when using FP's I do that I see has not been mentioned is I give the arrow a twist before removal, I that breaks the grip, then I pull.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone