GoPro Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

GoPro Camera

Post by rattlerun »

I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a GoPro camera, and was wondering it anybody has use one for hunting? I don't think you can zoom in with these, so I not sure if I should buy it or something else. If anybody could chime in on this, it would be helpful.
one shot scott

Re: GoPro Camera

Post by one shot scott »

They are very popular for mounting to a crossbow
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Absolutely love my go pro, can be mounted anywhere, have amazing footage goose hunting (barrel mount), dirt biking(helmet), hockey practice, and deer hunting (although no deer yet :oops: ), you can increase the zoom when editing. All in all its a great camera for the outdoors.
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

You can change FOV for a closer viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS1-zsWy47U&sns=em
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

I have a GoPro 3 White Edition. I haven't mounted it to my crossbow yet,but have used it on my r/c planes....they take incredible videos!! :D :D
mattones

Post by mattones »

I love mine! I have a head mount for it forut works wanna get the compound bow and shot gun mount for it tok
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have a older hd hero and jumped on a hero 3 black around Christmas. I don't think you can get much better for outdoor activities. When that big buck/turkey comes by you don't want to be messing with a bunch of buttons anyway and the wide angle makes sure the star of the show is in front of camera. So far I use the head mount rather than attaching to the bow so it is always pointed where I am looking regardless of which way my bow or gun is pointed and I don't have to worry about vibration.

Given the opportunity I would not hesitate to add another one. I have used them hunting, driving, and diving and my buddy uses his sky diving. Simple to use and they take videos good enough that the pros use them for tv and movies.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

bigredopie wrote:I have a older hd hero and jumped on a hero 3 black around Christmas. I don't think you can get much better for outdoor activities. When that big buck/turkey comes by you don't want to be messing with a bunch of buttons anyway and the wide angle makes sure the star of the show is in front of camera. So far I use the head mount rather than attaching to the bow so it is always pointed where I am looking regardless of which way my bow or gun is pointed and I don't have to worry about vibration.

Given the opportunity I would not hesitate to add another one. I have used them hunting, driving, and diving and my buddy uses his sky diving. Simple to use and they take videos good enough that the pros use them for tv and movies.
X2 on the head mount. When using my Xbow I attach the Wi-Fi wrist strap remote to the eyepiece of my scope. Less movement when firing the camera up.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
cb750

Post by cb750 »

I would agree with everyone above. I don't have a GoPro, I have Sony's Action cam which is similar and I enjoy it. The GoPro's have a ton more attachments and things for theirs. Plus with the sony everything is internal and there is no way to use a mic externally or an external power source once it in the waterproof case. Not certain if the GoPro's have this but I can use my smart phone to connect wirelessly to camera and see what it is seeing and control it. Definitely a cool tool. I love mine and no doubt would love a GoPro.
Equinox
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I would not get it, they SUCK....... Can you give me the phone number to the guy selling it ?? :wink: :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone