Shooting Stick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

trwilson

Shooting Stick

Post by trwilson »

Ten Piont offers a product called "Steedy Eddy " to help stabilize
Your crossbow while hunting while in a tree stand or ground blind. Does Excalibur offer anything similar?

If not, has anyone ever modify a steedy eddy to fit an Excalibur bow?
awshucks

Re: Shooting Stick

Post by awshucks »

Here's my answer [Steady Dan]
"Eze 18:21"
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Personally I think I'd rather have a Trigger Stick or something similar that I could use with different bows or rifles. If you use the bottom quiver mount you may run into mounting problems also.
I've got some Stoney point folding shooting sticks I really like, each leg is three sections held together with shock cord. They fold up small enough to go in a backpack and when you unfold them they just snap into place. They work good for a crossbow, the ends dont stick up far enough to get hit by the string. Never used them in a climbing stand though, the rail around the top has always worked fine for a rest. JMO of course.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I use the stony point sticks myself
Waif

Post by Waif »

Taller primos mono pod for me ,carried over from rifle.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

DaveShooter wrote:I use the stony point sticks myself
X2

I use their monopod /walking stick when hunting on the ground. It is very sturdy and has a carbide tip under the rubber bottom cap for ice.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
fredd

Post by fredd »

primos mono shoot'n stick for me . use it for my excal and rifle.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Sorry Trwilson, I didnt mean to sidetrack. Back to the original question... I dont think Excalibur makes anything like that, at least I'm not aware of it if they do. I've never used the steady eddy but it looks like an interesting idea. The part that connects to the rear stock looks like a universal fit, so I think you could probably make it fit an excal stock ok. The part that connects the front of the stick to the bow looks like a ball and socket setup, and it looks like you might have to drill a new hole in the bottom of the rail behind the quiver mount holes (if you have a quiver mounted to the bottom of the rail). You dont mention which bow you have, the length of the bow (and rail) might be a factor, you would have to have enough room to mount the steady eddy behind the quiver and get it to fold up against the bottom of the stock. If you had a top mount quiver like Munch makes, it looks like you could make it work by mounting it where the quiver bracket would be. If you decide to go with it, let us know how it works.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
tammie

Post by tammie »

I like gorilla stick :D
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
ch312

Post by ch312 »

I made some shooting sticks out of old arrows and have been using them for years.

Two arrows cut in half, some rubber hose, a length of bungee cord for tent pole repairs, and a quick spray with bedliner and you're good to go. Lightweight, quiet, and self assembling for quick shots.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

ch312 wrote:I made some shooting sticks out of old arrows and have been using them for years.

Two arrows cut in half, some rubber hose, a length of bungee cord for tent pole repairs, and a quick spray with bedliner and you're good to go. Lightweight, quiet, and self assembling for quick shots.

Like to see what those look like :!:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
trwilson

Post by trwilson »

I decided to retrofit by matrix 405 to allow for the Steedy Eddie to mount just below the quiver. Yes, I hate to drill a hole into a fine piece of equipment.

If I gain improved stability in the field, I will be able to justify my decision as apply downward pressure on my drill.

lol
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

trwilson wrote:I decided to retrofit by matrix 405 to allow for the Steedy Eddie to mount just below the quiver. Yes, I hate to drill a hole into a fine piece of equipment.

If I gain improved stability in the field, I will be able to justify my decision as apply downward pressure on my drill.

lol
Well....did you do it? How'd it go? We're all waiting. :roll:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

paulaboutform wrote:
trwilson wrote:I decided to retrofit by matrix 405 to allow for the Steedy Eddie to mount just below the quiver. Yes, I hate to drill a hole into a fine piece of equipment.

lol
Well....did you do it? How'd it go? We're all waiting. :roll:
Use munchmount no need to drill a hole
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
ch312

Post by ch312 »

JUSTANUFF wrote:
ch312 wrote:I made some shooting sticks out of old arrows and have been using them for years.

Like to see what those look like :!:
I don't have any pics right now, but they're pretty much the exact same as most collapsible shooting sticks like this:

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-acces ... 45370.aspx

I carry them folded and stuck down in the side of my boot. When I see an animal I pull them out and they automatically fall into place and are ready to use. In the stand for deer I keep them collapsed so they're half the length and rest the sticks on my leg.

I made them about 8-9 years ago and they're still going strong.