Cocking 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BoltCutter

Cocking 330

Post by BoltCutter »

Hello I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. Has anyone tried Hand cocking their 330? if so how does it compare with say a Ibex or any other older model at that poundage. I ask because it is illegal to hunt in my country so pin point accuracy is not needed so much, I just enjoy going out into the garden and letting off some shots when I have a bit of free time, and I don't bother with the cocking aid when doing this.
Any input would be very much appreciated :)

Regards,
Ryan
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II
racking up points

Re: Cocking 330

Post by racking up points »

Probably could but I haven't tried it. I have a Vixen and that is doable without the rope cocker, but the 330 has a much more acute string angle and more poundage, I imagine that wouldn't feel too nice. I wouldn't try it.

It's a great bow to shoot, why not just bring the rope cocker out to the garden with you?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
BoltCutter

Post by BoltCutter »

I just prefer doing it by hand to be honest! Never even unpackaged the rope cocker haha :)
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II
jamtarthunter

Post by jamtarthunter »

Just reading your post and I said to myself, self and I knew it was me rite away cuz I recognized my own voice :)
I wonder how hard it actually is, so I grabbed the little Mrs. 330 and tried it.
It's actually easy to cock back but a little tight on the fingers. I would have to say it's just like her old Phoenix and with the rope cocking aid why would you bother lol.
Hope my 3 cents helps.
cheers 8)
Jamtarthunter
Matrix 380 Xtra
Leupold Crossbones 2x7x33
Matrix 355 Xtra
Matrix 330 ( For The Mrs )
Exomax

Easton Diablo w Lumenok
Muzzy Crosskill
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

All depends on your strength, but I feel hand cocking its a last ditch effort.

The easy to use rope cocking aid offers far more consistent cocking, plus accuracy can be effected by how a crossbow is cocked.

Multiple hand cocking will most likely effect target shooting sessions, since it adds stress to your fingers, muscles and breathing.

Hand cocking in the field during hunting is a final recourse solution.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
BoltCutter

Post by BoltCutter »

jamtarthunter wrote:Just reading your post and I said to myself, self and I knew it was me rite away cuz I recognized my own voice :)
I wonder how hard it actually is, so I grabbed the little Mrs. 330 and tried it.
It's actually easy to cock back but a little tight on the fingers. I would have to say it's just like her old Phoenix and with the rope cocking aid why would you bother lol.
Hope my 3 cents helps.
cheers 8)
Cheers buddy that is a massive help thanks :D looks like im going to have to be investing in one!
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II
DES

Post by DES »

I've cocked mine by hand a couple times, it's not too bad except it pinches my fingers.
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I tried it one time with my Phoenix, no thanks, I'll use my rope, every time. Doesn't take that much longer, it's easier, and I will get the best accuracy from my X-cal

And as for the no hunting I your country, sucks to live there, no thanks...

......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I tried to cock the Vortex by hand, and actually got it up to the latch, but seen that i was a mile to one side. I agree, for accuracy sake, use the rope cocker!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!