O/T .22 LR Rant[Pic added]

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: O/T .22 LR Rant

Post by ComfyBear »

The last time I bought a brick of 500 Win. 22 Wildcat, I only paid $12.94.
Of course that was about 15 years ago. :wink:

Here's a link to the goings prices now:

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_fall12/ ... e_ammo.pdf
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

This is sure crazy in reguards to 22-LR ammo and other ammo. That is why yrs ago I got into pcp airguns and shot a lot more crossbow last year for r&r. Remember when Ar style rifles went crazy in reguads to price and whom coul get them-Now the prices are coming back down-Sure is crazy!!!!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Shucks, I've been on an email waiting list for almost a year at Midway U.S.A. I have had several notifications that ammo was in and to order ASAP. I have literally ordered as soon as I received the email and gotten the reply that they were all sold out. Guess I got lucky last week. Got the email at 5:00 A.M. and put in my order for 500 round brick. My brown buddy left it at my door today. 1 brick of Aguila 38 gr high velocity hollow points. :D :D :D I'm back on the list again.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

awshucks wrote: Pyp, have you whacked a squirrel w/ your 17 Rem yet? Be prepared, lol. Aim way forward........
Not yet, a couple coyotes, but nothing small.
By the time I got a grip on this .17 squirrel season was over.
I did whack one with my .204, and it was like the scene from a Steven King movie. I am looking very forward to tapping a squirrel with it.
I am still collecting the right cleaning stuff for it, just one carbon rod short of perfection. Never seen a gun get so fouled, so fast. (thanks for the JB tip, it is everything you promised)
Good luck on the .22's, they are a staple in any mans gun cabinet.
I have the fastest of the fast rifles, so when the new .17 Hornady came out, I felt a void in my soul..
Here, they come and go fast (The .22's), and I only have 2 rifles that show big differences in POI by switching brands, both my wife's, the 39 Golden and her CZ.
Hunter burns through .22's like most kids with candy, so I try to keep a good supply, and it is certainly not easy.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

Pyd, next time you're over our way check out the CT and Walmart stores. They're all well stocked.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

TPM wrote:Pyd, next time you're over our way check out the CT and Walmart stores. They're all well stocked.
Will do. I buy up every bulk box I see. Not to hoard, but we shoot a whole lot.
I don't buy random boxes, I set my .22's up to whatever round I have, and it is very time consuming.
For now we are OK, you would have a hard time finding a store that has a better supply than us.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Our maulmart never has a single box fer sale
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

vixenmaster wrote:Our maulmart never has a single box fer sale
Here either. Lots of shells, but the bulk .22's are always a void on the shelves. Anything decent anyways.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have a few bricks, most are pretty old though, I am not a bigfan of .22's even though I have a few but keep stock of them for my daughters, even found brick of Whiz bangs and a few old boxes of C.I.L Canuck lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

bdog wrote:come to Canada...no shortage here
No problem on any 22LR, 22 WMR, or 17 HMR. Got about 1500 rounds of each in the safe and if desired could pick up 1000's tomorrow or even easier just order online and have it delivered in 2-3 days from Cabela's Canada, Wholesale Sports in Alberta or Wolverine in Manitoba.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

bdog wrote:come to Canada...no shortage here
Depends on just "Where" you are in Canada methinks...

Out West we've had a bit of a shortage going on since last fall. Around September / October it started getting somewhat hit & miss to find any of reasonable quality or quantity. That gradually got worse over the winter. Now most of our local stores have pretty empty shelves, and all tell you they've been on "back-order" since Christmas.

Yesterday, our local CT brought in six 1,000 round bricks of Winchester. My Lady manages the Sporting Goods section, and let me know asap. Between my Buddies and I, we bought it ALL! Hopefully that will last long enough the regular stockings will come along...
But, with a budding new 6 year old into "Training Mode" this very weekend, I kind of doubt it... :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
See4miles

Re: O/T .22 LR Rant[Pic added]

Post by See4miles »

I have a great part time neighbor from Canada who offered to bring me 5000 rounds of .22 LR for 400.00. No shortage in Canada. He can only bring 2000 across at one time but he was willing to do it. Well, I luckily hit good timing at my local Walmart one morning and picked up 6qty. of 555 packs in one felling swoop! and cheap too! I'm set, but the offer is there if I needed it. Thanks to my Canadian Brother who shall go un-named....
In the Wind.......
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

See4miles wrote:I have a great part time neighbor from Canada who offered to bring me 5000 rounds of .22 LR for 400.00. No shortage in Canada. He can only bring 2000 across at one time but he was willing to do it. Well, I luckily hit good timing at my local Walmart one morning and picked up 6qty. of 555 packs in one felling swoop! and cheap too! I'm set, but the offer is there if I needed it. Thanks to my Canadian Brother who shall go un-named....
I got a brick from Vixenmaster, should hold me long enough to score my own. Wish I had a buddy lie that see4Miles...... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

awshucks wrote: Got 'er back from the gsmith this a.m. Guess I'm ready, lol. Trigger pull is just under 2 lbs. I have to admit, I was amazed when I looked at the target...

That is a fine looking package! Always had a thing for "kits". All that is missing from that picture is a slow cooker, well, and bullets.
Happy squirreling!
WMU 91
Boo string
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I feel your pain. Here in the Washington DC region 22LR are hard to find. Bricks can run $70 but I've seen them as high as $100 for 20 year old paper boxes of Federal Lightning. A 100rd pack of CCI Mini-Mags are being pushed for $25/box. Its ridiculous. I won't pay it. I can reload my other guns for cheaper. I'm always on the look out. Here the problem is people hoarding and resellers. The local Wal-mart leaves the incoming inventory sheet on the counter and has a line waiting for the truck to be unloaded. They no longer keep a spot on the shelf to put them, because it has been well over a year since any made it to the shelf.

I had my toys out this past weekend. A Ruger Mark-III Hunter with a 2-7x scope and a Savage MK-II with a 4-16x scope and a Boyd's stock. I love'em both. Now if only we could find ammo for them.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: