xbow case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wcbarker

xbow case

Post by wcbarker »

looking to travel with xbow was wondering what case is the best to buy.
luckymike

Re: xbow case

Post by luckymike »

if you don't like the big bulky hard xbow cases alot of guys break down their xbows and put them in a double gun case or one of those compound bow cases thats shaped like a half moon for travel
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hi Bill. Check out the Plano 108420 All Weather Gun Case. They come in 36" & 42". I got the 42" for my M380 and it's great. The center layer of foam is checkered so you can cut out your bow's outline and fit it in. I bought mine from Wal-Mart in Bellingham, WA for about $70.00. You do have to separate the bow from the stock of course but removing 2 bolts is easy enough. I place the bow under the foam where the stock is. It's snug but very secure. The case feels heavyish but I think it will travel well...and it has built in locks. I would call it an extreme duty case. A compound bow case will have a lot more room but, with the exception of the SKB Bow case, none will be as solid as this Plano 108420 All Weather Gun Case.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Are you throwing the bow in the back of a pick up or the trunk of a Toyota Tercel ?? Reason I as is because I bought the Plano Mantra, its a real nice solid case, but takes up wayyyy to much room in my Corolla, so I am going to try and sell it and get a soft case and maybe a double shotgun/rifle case if I travel far with it.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

Thanx guys I am wanting one to travel on airlines so a hard sided case would be best. Just not sure of what to buy. Thought someone on here might have one and would let me know what fits the best.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

If I was taking mine on a plane I would break it down and put it in a double gun case, but a real good one, not a cheap case.

Here is the inside of the Manta case

Here is another idea, but again I personally would not use it on a plane.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone