matrix 405 trigger problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Osella

matrix 405 trigger problem

Post by Osella »

Hy everyone!!! It is true that they are recalling matrix 405 for small problems to the trigger???
Limbs and Sticks

Re: matrix 405 trigger problem

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Osella wrote:Hy everyone!!! It is true that they are recalling matrix 405 for small problems to the trigger???

I haven't heard that? where you hear it??
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

No. Not unless you received inside information before anyone else again. :wink:
ryandir

Post by ryandir »

I just got a call from Sail asking me to bring mine back because of the trigger recall issue. WTF! It's my first bow ever and decided to go with Excal and this happens. I spent all that time assembling it and sighting it in and now I have to dissemble it again and bring it back. It better be returned before turkey season.
Osella

Post by Osella »

my friend contacted me to tell me that. I contacted Excalibur and the answer was:

It is true. Any of the Matrix 405 that are produced now will not be an issue, it is just the ones that have already been sold.

EXCALIBUR IS RECALLING ALL THE MATRIX 405 also even if they have no problem. this for prevention... for example the matrix of my friend it was ok... but certainly no other... my friend was contacted by your dealer...
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Someone will chime in with legitimate information.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have read about one issue. Luckily that person posted to protect others, then notified Excalibur. I would rather find out in this manner, than in a much worse way! They will take care of you, that's the upside!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

This is the only thing I have seen here, Nothing about any recall as of yet. Unless someone else can elaborate.
Re: A Word of Warning - Beware

Postby Bill T » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 am
Hi Guys.
I can't comment with certainty on the issue with sear wear on Lou's 405, we are now testing triggers to determine exactly what is happening. I can, however, comment that the issue is only of concern if you have a new 405, as this batch of parts is only used in that model. If you have any other model Matrix from any other year, at ease, this issue doesn't involve your bow. Stay tuned and once we know the rest of the story we'll put up a notice regarding our findings..........Bill

Bill T
Site Admin

Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
Osella

Post by Osella »

I contacted Excalibur and confirmed me about this question but i think this is not a serious problem... Matrix 405 of my friend was recalled but it was fine... some matrix had this problem which has been solved.
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

I bought a 405 Matrix and have not been notified by anyone about anything....
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Mine is fine Im sure if they were recalling them One of them would get on this forum and tell us They read these posts too
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Wow that was a fast recall. This most certainly is a serious safety issue.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

yooper_man wrote:Wow that was a fast recall. This most certainly is a serious safety issue.

Andrew
Safety is always a serious issue, and I believe the user must be immediately informed, even if there is only the slightest chance of an issue occurring. After all, even if not everyone agrees, there isn't a price one can place on safety, even if it averts just one mishap.

Excalibur is well known for thoroughly testing their products. That is why that in over 30 years of their existence, to my knowledge, they have to date never had a recall.

If indeed there is to be a recall, I believe that it's due to Excalibur's integrity, and erring on the side of caution.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ryandir

Post by ryandir »

I just ordered a trigger tech for my 405. I'm going to send the original back to excalibur but at least I don't have to worry about not having it ready for turkey opener.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

ComfyBear wrote:
yooper_man wrote:Wow that was a fast recall. This most certainly is a serious safety issue.

Andrew
Safety is always a serious issue, and I believe the user must be immediately informed, even if there is only the slightest chance of an issue occurring. After all, even if not everyone agrees, there isn't a price one can place on safety, even if it averts just one mishap.

Excalibur is well known for thoroughly testing their products. That is why that in over 30 years of their existence, to my knowledge, they have to date never had a recall.

If indeed there is to be a recall, I believe that it's due to Excalibur's integrity, and erring on the side of caution.
I have been involved in aircraft maintenance for my entire adult life, so I know safety is of the utmost importance.

Excalibur obviously realizes it happened once, so it can or will happen again. Having a recall spreads the word like a wildfire, but again no one can put a price on safety.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's