405 recall?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RonnieM

405 recall?

Post by RonnieM »

Just saw where excalibur is having a recall on the 405. I am guessing the trigger. Bowtech didn't help with the building of these :shock:
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
ComfyBear

Re: 405 recall?

Post by ComfyBear »

RonnieM wrote:Just saw where excalibur is having a recall on the 405. I am guessing the trigger. Bowtech didn't help with the building of these :shock:
Now, now let's not blame BowTech, they barely got there feet wet in this matter. Other than some inconvenience for their owners, it should make not only the Matrix 405, but all models safer and better.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

I know, I know. I could not resist. Won't happen again :roll: just glad no one got hurt.
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

RonnieM wrote:Just saw where excalibur is having a recall on the 405. I am guessing the trigger. Bowtech didn't help with the building of these :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's funny right there...i don't care who you are. :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Now, now let's not blame BowTech, they barely got there feet wet in this matter. Other than some inconvenience for their owners, it should make not only the Matrix 405, but all models safer and better.
so theres word of a design change? how would the other models benefit?
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

foofoo wrote:
ComfyBear wrote:
so theres word of a design change? how would the other models benefit?
Easy..... How do you come up with a design change already? :shock:
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just goin by the reply. maybe reading too deep but if the recall makes the 405 safer as well as the other models i gotta believe theres a change somewhere in design.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have not heard of a recall for other models. From what I have read it is an issue with their heat treating process, or end result of that process that is isolated to "some" of the 405 trigger components. In my opinion, and I don't represent Excalibur in any way, they have determined the parts that are suspect, and have known to be good parts to swap out. That said, if this leads to a process change, or monitoring equipment that would improve their ability to make consistent parts in a tighter hardness range, then it improves everything going forward!
The sky is not falling!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!