Lock N Load Inserts and Fletching Orientation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Lock N Load Inserts and Fletching Orientation

Post by CT.HNTR »

Was checking out the Lock N Load brass inserts and they look very interesting. I like the idea of being able to easily align my fixed blade broadheads to the bolt fletching. Not sure how critical it is to do so but I don’t like variables and try to eliminate them whenever possible. Has anybody had any experience using these inserts? I guess my big concern would be pull out strength. If you shoot broadheads into a block target will the Lock N Load insert stay firmly fixed to the bolt during extraction? I would hate to pull the bolt out of the target to find that my insert and broadhead is embedded in my block target.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
NEPAbowhunter

Re: Lock N Load Inserts and Fletching Orientation

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I have them in my arrows. I feel as though I wasted my money on them. I do not use them as they are intended to be used. Broadhead and fletching orientation is no concern of mine. I shoot Rage X bow broadheads and sometimes Slick Trick 4 blade standard heads. Both fly like a field point.
Just make sure they are nice and tight and you should have no problems. Next dozen of arrows I get will have the brass inserts super glued in.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
awshucks

Re: Lock N Load Inserts and Fletching Orientation

Post by awshucks »

I do not use them as they are intended to be used. Broadhead and fletching orientation is no concern of mine. I shoot Rage X bow broadheads and sometimes Slick Trick 4 blade standard heads. Both fly like a field point.
X2
"Eze 18:21"