Rangefinder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joel0711

Rangefinder

Post by joel0711 »

Been looking at the Leopould Vendeta reangfinder. Can someone give me the pros/cons of the setup ?? I already have a rangefinder but this setup looks like the way to go. I have an Exocet ( I think its 2001 or so), like me it's getting on in age but still works great,no need at present to change.
Thanks for the info!!
Silverovertime

Re: Rangefinder

Post by Silverovertime »

I got one right after they came out and put it on my equinox with some significant custom mounting efforts using the xcal rangefinder mount adapted to hold the vendetta base and then vendetta attached. I got a 380 last summer and the scope was too small to use it with the set up I had made and I sorely missed it. I got a 405 and did a bit of further modification and moved it to the front of the scope to see the digital readout easier and I like it even more now. Just find the target in the scope, hit the button and look slightly over the top of the scope, see the range and go to the trigger. I do not even have to move my head to see through the scope and also see the range display. I know there are some other guys using them and they had some mount method pictures here somewhere. I have to research the pic posting on here as I have wanted to get a pic of my setup on here. I will try a pic but not sure it will work.
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
joel0711

Post by joel0711 »

BIG THANKS for the info !!
joel0711