Nikon Bolt XR Reviews

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Nikon Bolt XR Reviews

Post by xcaliber »

Finally got to get out and do some real shooting at longer distances. I have the scope mounted on my Matrix 355, and here is what I got using their chart as a starting point, and really verifying their accuracy. I'm using GT Laser 2 bolts at 18" with 2" Blazer vanes set at a right helical from the Bohning Tower Fletching Jig. Total weight 40o grains with 100 grain point included, Flemish string chronograph readings 345 average.
Crosshairs 2" high at twenty yards
First ring 1" high at thirty yards
Second ring 1/2" low at fifty yards
Third ring dead on at 60 yards

I used the bottom of the second ring and found it to be very close using a 3D deer target at 40 yards, every shot was in the middle of the lungs shooting free hand!
I'm impressed beyond expectations with this scope! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Nikon Bolt XR Reviews

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Good to know, i'll put that in my tool box . . . was going to ask how fast, but re-read your post . . . yeah, i'm a Hillbilly
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nothin wrong with hillbillies, I know a whole bunch of good ones, and a couple nasty ones too! :lol: I started out dead on at twenty yards, and thirty was 1/2" high there, but i readjusted my zero at 60 yards, and that was where I arrived shooting back out to twenty yards from 60 yards! A lot of my shooting was off hand too. I used the sticks for initial set up, then I prefer to shoot off hand after that.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I just bought one this morning and mounted it on my Exocet 200. I mounted it with low leupold PRW rings. Can’t wait to get out and shoot it in a few weeks. I was not sure if I would like the reticle but it looks great.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

I was wondering where the marks would fall. I am shooting the same weight bolt out of the 380. It is snowing like crazy here right now but suppose to hit 62 degrees and sunny tomorrow. Time to play :mrgreen: Love the scope!!!!

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Let us know how it work out CT I been thinking of putting one on my Exocet, my birthday is in June which gives my daughters lots of time to save up lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
greybuff

Post by greybuff »

Bullzeye,
I put one on my exocet about a month ago and i am really happy with it. Just got back from a Texas hog hunt and it worked out great. i installed it using the rings that came with the bow, but i had to file an extra groove in the scope mount to get it where I wanted it.
MICRO 335 CAMO
Nikon Bolt
2Stage TT
FOR THE LITTLE LADY:
VIXEN from an EXOCET (VIXOCET)
Varizone
BOO STRING
Homemade Bumpers