magnus bullhead broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gtj

Re: magnus bullhead broadheads

Post by gtj »

W.Miguire wrote:I have been working with Mike at Magnus for the last year and this is what I found out the Bull Head 20" zombies 2" blazers fletch with a Arizona Jig the spinning insert by Ethics Archery 90grn. and a Lumenock. with a 100grn Bull Head. for my purpose you can't beat that combo. but to each their own.
let me tell you this that's one heck of a broad head for turkeys , head shots only . if you hit it in the body all you will get is feathers .
W.M.
Those spinning inserts look very interesting!
Did you use regular inserts before the spinning inserts? If so would be interested in your apples to apples comparison.
Thanks.
Excalibur Matrix 380
18" BE Zombies Lumenok 150gr. BAT Bolt Cutters
22" BE Zombies Lumenok Magnus Bullheads
Hawke XB30 SR
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Here's a video of various bows, including crossbow, being used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEOaVCFuQM
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Reading this thread I decided to put the 100g bullhead blades on in place of the 125g today to see if there was any difference. I was happy to see that they hit just slightly to the right of my regular head at 15 yards but past that they get unreliable so if one comes inside of 15 yards i may ge a chance to lop his head off ! :)
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

yes I have used them without the spinning inserts. and it took a world of tuning to get them to fly straight . and it took even longer to buy the inserts .Scott at Ethics Archery said he would send my money back if wasn't happy with them . well I still have them. they work good with big fixed blades as well. on the other hand Big John has a combo that works also. you may have to adjust you scope a bit but they work good. there are 2 sizes 100 and 125 the difference is in the size of the blades the 100's are for the cross bows . and that is all you need .instant decap . hope this helps .
W.M.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Timbrhuntr, set your decoys about 4 paces from your blind and wear dark or black clothes and you will do ok . yes they will come that close to the blind and if they hang up they will be at 15yds and your good to go . give it a try , it works for me every time .good luck to you.
W.M.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Thanks for the advise appreciate it but I don't use a blind .