Magic Stop Crossbow Extreme

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onebigskittle

Magic Stop Crossbow Extreme

Post by onebigskittle »

Has anyone tried this target out ? Walmart sells them and I have not had a chance to try it out but I will soon. Been saving my Duckies to have my old Exomax Dipped but figured that it wouldn't make it shoot any better than it does now so I scrapped that idea and dug into my piggy bank and bought the target, some more broad heads, that anti dry fire scope mount and a F-1 chrony that I named The Strumograph :lol: and I still have a few pennies left :wink:
Stan you know I love you ...if I didn't I wouldn't pick on you......my wife told me one time I loved her to much.
strum

Re: Magic Stop Crossbow Extreme

Post by strum »

I am honored and appalled :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

strum wrote:I am honored and appalled :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey you got your Robe and I got my Strumograph :lol:

Forgot to tell you that the target is rated at 400 + fps
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here's a post on it on Archery Talk:
Magic Stop Crossbow Extreme Target
My advice.....save 59 bucks and buy a better target! I just purchased the Magic Stop crossbow target from ebay last week and it looked like a well made target. Dimensions are 20x20x16, surely enough to stop bolts from my 315 fps Wicked Ridge Invader?? Nope! After only eleven well spaced shots, I returned the crosshairs to the middle dot and buried one to the fletching. It was close to another hole, approx. 1/2 inch, but not in the same hole. I shot the middle right dot and same thing, another ruined arrow. I flipped the target over and it stopped them like the very first arrow. But I am thinking, only a dozen shots then I gotta flip it? Not quite what I expected. This thing gets a big from me

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1778151
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

ComfyBear wrote:Here's a post on it on Archery Talk:
Magic Stop Crossbow Extreme Target
My advice.....save 59 bucks and buy a better target! I just purchased the Magic Stop crossbow target from ebay last week and it looked like a well made target. Dimensions are 20x20x16, surely enough to stop bolts from my 315 fps Wicked Ridge Invader?? Nope! After only eleven well spaced shots, I returned the crosshairs to the middle dot and buried one to the fletching. It was close to another hole, approx. 1/2 inch, but not in the same hole. I shot the middle right dot and same thing, another ruined arrow. I flipped the target over and it stopped them like the very first arrow. But I am thinking, only a dozen shots then I gotta flip it? Not quite what I expected. This thing gets a big from me

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1778151
Thanks Comfy, Sounds like it could be going back.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

As long as were askin about bag targets anyone knowed if'en the Gn. Bone collecter bag be any good ? It retails from Morrel fer $95. I saw one fer sale at our Farm store fer $48
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
tommybobusa

Post by tommybobusa »

Bought a Morrell Yellow Jacket (field point) bag target a few years ago , it stops any field point out of My exocet never tried broadhead , easy to pull out . This year I have a Matrix 355 but waiting for the snow to go away to shoot it . I don't think there will be a problem because the bolts didn't penetrate too far in with the 200 lb, crossbow. Buy Them on ebay or big package sport stores for $59.00
ch312

Post by ch312 »

vixenmaster wrote:As long as were askin about bag targets anyone knowed if'en the Gn. Bone collecter bag be any good ? It retails from Morrel fer $95. I saw one fer sale at our Farm store fer $48
Feed bags = free
Rags and clothing from friends/family for stuffing = free

When the bag is starting to fall apart, keeping in mind you can shoot all 4 sides and the bottom, simply place the stuffed bag into a fresh feed bag and you're good to go for plenty more shots. I have an exomax and have never had an arrow bury into the target more than halfway up the shaft with field points, zwickey judo points, and rage practice heads.

I can't see arrow removal being any easier as they nearly fall out of the target.
strum

Post by strum »

I have a magic stop that I have used for years ..I replaced the cover a few times and added some old cloths..
when I got the 380 the magic stop was not stopping my arrows well.
the cover was worn so bad it wouldn't hold the stuffing .
I picked up a couple of feed bags at ACE and was actually able to make two targets out of one.
they are more round like a punching bag.
I didn't have much faith but after 50 shots or more target one is showing great promise and I have target two as a backup. grated the feed bag cover wont last as long as the magic stop but for 2 buck I can replace it.
I said all this to say that I would be surprised if it doesn't work for you Bayne.
it may need some tweeking though.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
turbo

Post by turbo »

I also shoot a Morrell yellow jacket target.Have shot the same one for years.Was shooting an Exo mag and upgraded to 380.I thought I might have problem with arrows going in too far,not really but they did go in deeper.So I made myself a target hanger so the bag will swing when hit.Arrows now are pulled out one hand.I have never shot it with a broadhead so dont know what it would be like.In my opion if anyone is looking for a bag target try yellow jacket -not bad for the price :)
LIVING THE DREAM
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The 1st yellowJacket bag i had was great. The past 3 have been the pits, they haven't held up to my Vixen's. I jus got back from town & got that Gn super Bone collecter fer right at $50. I will see how its goin to do in jus abit.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

ch312 wrote:Feed bags = free
Rags and clothing from friends/family for stuffing = free

When the bag is starting to fall apart, keeping in mind you can shoot all 4 sides and the bottom, simply place the stuffed bag into a fresh feed bag and you're good to go for plenty more shots. I have an exomax and have never had an arrow bury into the target more than halfway up the shaft with field points, zwickey judo points, and rage practice heads.

I can't see arrow removal being any easier as they nearly fall out of the target.
I couldn't agree more . I have a large one hanging and I have some small ones about the size of a loaf of bread that I toss around the yard at unknown yardage.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330