Shoot Through Mesh

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Shoot Through Mesh

Post by CT.HNTR »

I was looking at ground blinds with shoot through mesh and was wondering how realistic it is to shoot through the mesh and maintain accuracy.
Does anybody have experience or advise with this stuff?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
DaGriz

Re: Shoot Through Mesh

Post by DaGriz »

I've been using ground blinds with shoot through mesh windows for 5 yrs To me they work great I shoot Slick Trick Broadheads and the mesh does not cause any deflection or change of impact point I wouldn't advise using expandable through mesh as they are liable to open passing through the mesh. I have shot from one blind enough that I have replaced the mesh twice.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Shoot through mesh works good , But it does cut down on your shooting light . You might lose 10-15 minutes hunting time. I only open 1 window so I don't get back lite and I leave the net off. I have had deer look right in from 5 yards and not see me .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have an original double bull blind that I've had for years. I've got the mesh to attach but never actually used it.One thing's for sure, even though I've heard everyone say poi isn't affected I'd have to set it up and try it myself. Broadheads through the mesh...I'd be confident when I saw it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Tom

Post by Tom »

DaGriz wrote:................. I wouldn't advise using expandable through mesh as they are liable to open passing through the mesh. I have shot from one blind enough that I have replaced the mesh twice.
I have tested a 100gr Spitfire (150lb, 185lb Excalibur bow) through screen and have not had any problems with accuracy. Even in saying that, I usually leave the screen out and shoot through the open window. I figured that replacing the screen all the time is a waste.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey All:
Regarding losing 10 or 15 minutes of shooting time at dusk, is anyone aware of a tent/blind that has anything other than Velcro attachment? If there was one with mesh with magnetic closures I would be very interested. You could just drop it down when the light got low.
The Velcro is so loud detaching it that any deer in the area would be scared off far longer than the ten or fifteen minutes.
Any comments?
Thanks
Mike
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

I have a Redhead enigma blind from Basspro. It has little loops on the mesh, and then little toggles on the blind. Kind of a pain to hook with one hand, but just twist the toggle, and a little angle to it, and the mesh or windows open right up, no Velcro to mess with....RR

I have not tried shooting through the mess.
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals