Matrix 380 shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

Matrix 380 shooters

Post by typical10 »

Hello I'm new to the Excalibur board, I bought a new M380 and was wondering if any of you have found better arrow results with longer bolts? I will need to purchase more bolts but unsure of path to follow or try? Thank you, jeff in Iowa~
Kegbelly

Re: Matrix 380 shooters

Post by Kegbelly »

I've shot a handful of 20" Firebolts from my 380, they shot fine, but if you use a broadhead it will probably stick out past the stirrup.
I think there are a few here shooting 20"s from Matrix bows, maybe they'll give you better information.
The 18" Diablos shoot pretty good for me, but if you want excellence, talk to Big John here on the forum about building you some arrows.

And welcome to the forum! :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

x2 and welcome to the forum I'm sure you will get a lot of good info here, I did.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

I am shooting 18" Black Eagle Zombies with 2" Blazers vanes and they shoot great.

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I am shooting 20 in Black eagle executioners and they are wicked pissa. The group excellent and as stated with a broad head the stick out a bit but I really have found no problems Dave of Wyvern creations has done extensive research on arrow flight on the Matrix models and highly recommends them. Give him a call and discuss it with him he is great to talk to and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Excalibur bows.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm shooting a 355, and it is about .8" shorter on the stroke. i had to switch broadheads to a shorter one because they stick out into the stirrup, and bumped my bow hanger when hunting, i was using 18". If you are going to hunt, get some good 18" bolts, and I think you will much happier.

Good luck
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mike w

Post by mike w »

I gotta say I am brand new to cross bows and have been shooting mine for the past few days after mounting the scope. I'm shooting the 18" diablos with the 100 gr. tips. I'm shooting off a picnic bench while I'm sighting it in and learning what it can do and tonight, with the help of the bench and the Tact Zone scope, I put 3 arrows in the same hole (ruined the fletchings) and had several touch the same hole at 20 yards. I am not a sniper, this equipment is just an insanely engineered tool and it's almost spooky what it can do. I am so unbelievably grateful for this!!!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I like to shoot 18 in zombies with 125 gr heads out of my 380
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only