wandering son returns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deermanct

wandering son returns

Post by deermanct »

I bought my first excal last year, matrix 355. Love the bow but wanted to try something else for this year. Was going to buy a competitors product but when the deal turned out to be a big "dud" I ordered a new excal 330. Got the bow a few days ago and have started to sight in. Using the stock arrows and 125 grain points. Got her on at 20 yard and moved out to 30. My 30 yard mark on the scope is impacting about 2 1/2 to 3 inches high. Tried aiming off the 20 yard mark and am impacting about 3/4 inch low at 30. I'll do a bit more "tweeking" with it tomorrow. I'm a true believer in the Excal line of crossbow, won't be owning anything else. Big problem now is which one to hunt with?
vixenmaster

Re: wandering son returns

Post by vixenmaster »

You hunt wid both, thats how i do it. All of mine get their turns
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
buttnbuck

Post by buttnbuck »

Worked all the tweaks out on my M330......luv it. As far as your 30 yard mark impacting a little high, just adjust your speed dial up a little( if your using a excalibur scope. Should set you right.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There is a quick way to set that speed ring posted here, and it is fool proof! I'll bump it up if i find it! Works on any scope with speed adjusting feature. Congrats on the new 330 BTW!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Ya Dan post that again.. My 330 is faster than 330 fps. Chrono'd Thursday stock string got 333 334 consistently .. With a 24 strand force 10 string from Don,got 336!!! I have yet to shoot out 30 or 40,but swapped out to a shadowzone. Still tinkering!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
deermanct

Post by deermanct »

A little adjusting with the speed ring and a turn or two with the elevation dial and the 330 is smackin' the bull @ 30 yrds. I'll be introducing the local long beards to her sometime this week if we can catch a break in the weather. Thanks for the pointers guys. Haven't tried any far shots yet. I've got out to 40 yrds in my back yard to use.