M380 blows [Picture]

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

M380 blows [Picture]

Post by typical10 »

Just shot a practice shot before going sitting in my turkey blind and the left limb let go the limb tip is gone and im not going turkey hunting today. It ruined a pair of diablo lumenohttp://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b295/typical10/DSC02695.jpgck arrows too. :( :( :( :( :( Less than 50 shots on it!
It actually gave me a warning I didn't recognize. I shot my first shot off the bench and it went 15 yards and nose dived, I reloaded and it did it again and this time it made a very loud crack. Both lumenocks were broken off in the process.
Last edited by typical10 on Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carnivorous

Re: M380 blows up

Post by Carnivorous »

Did you call Excalibur yet? They will take care of you!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Did the string stay on?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
typical10

Post by typical10 »

enormous wrote:Did the string stay on?
Yes it slide down the limb? Why?
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm trying to piece together the whole event and asked if the string stayed on with not information much to go on.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Bummer! Excal should have you up and running in no time. Well okay, maybe a little more that.
Hank
typical10

Post by typical10 »

enormous wrote:I'm trying to piece together the whole event and asked if the string stayed on with not information much to go on.

The limb tip pulled off the limb, it appears that it is 2 pieces, limb and limb tip, and the tip is expoxied on.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Sorry to hear about that. Someone else had the same thing happen not too long ago, the magtip came off and went downrange and the string slid up the limb. I can't find that thread now, sorry. But it makes one wonder which is causing the other to happen. I'm also curious how it ruined 2 arrows? In any event, contact Excalibur, they'll take care of you.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Typical sorry that happened to you , hope you didn't get hurt! Any explanation as to what could have caused that .. I have a M380 just wondering what I should look for if anything.hope speedy fix so you can get to those gobblers :)
A stupid question is a question never asked
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

You have had terrible luck with that bow since you got it! :shock: Hopefully after they fix your limb issue things will turn around for you. Good luck typical10!!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
typical10

Post by typical10 »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:You have had terrible luck with that bow since you got it! :shock: Hopefully after they fix your limb issue things will turn around for you. Good luck typical10!!
1st crossbow ever and IM not impressed AT ALL!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

typical10 wrote:
NEPAbowhunter wrote:You have had terrible luck with that bow since you got it! :shock: Hopefully after they fix your limb issue things will turn around for you. Good luck typical10!!
It's real easy to get a bad impression when the first time you buy a product you have a bad experience with it. But Excalibur makes some of the best, most reliable crossbows on the market, some folks here been shooting the same Excaliburs for decades. That's not to say they're 100% perfect, but they stand behind their product and they'll get you fixed up.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

typical10 wrote:
I'm not knocking the new Matrix bows at all, i want a 355 myself. :|
But i would seriously consider purchasing a vixen or one of the 175 pounder's as back up. You rarely here of any issue's with these bow's. :D
Sight it in then go and play with speedster's...you will never have to worry about missing some wood's time again!! :D :D
Best insurance money can buy. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
typical10

Post by typical10 »

Im not throwing in the towel just extremely disappointed. I've spent $1600 to make the switch and ready for my fist hunt and I never leave the driveway. Get what im saying?
strum

Post by strum »

typical10 wrote:Im not throwing in the towel just extremely disappointed. I've spent $1600 to make the switch and ready for my fist hunt and I never leave the driveway. Get what im saying?
we certainly understand that man..sorry you going through all this but ..hang in there it will work out
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16