Is this normal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Re: Is this normal

Post by Kegbelly »

OK, I didn't know, thought it might have been the same string. I would still swap the string end to end and see if the POI moves to the other side. In the end not all strings are identical, so you may just have to pick which one you want to shoot and sight in for that string. You said you get great accuracy with one string but not the other, so that makes me think it's the string, not the bow itself.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
typical10

Post by typical10 »

Kegbelly wrote:OK, I didn't know, thought it might have been the same string. I would still swap the string end to end and see if the POI moves to the other side. In the end not all strings are identical, so you may just have to pick which one you want to shoot and sight in for that string. You said you get great accuracy with one string but not the other, so that makes me think it's the string, not the bow itself.
No I meant to say the factory string is bad ass until the 2nd twisting thens it goes bonkers it has did it on the old limbs, now the new ones. sorry for the confusion! jeff
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Ahhh, ok. Sorry, I mistook your initial post to mean you were using two different strings. I can't see where adding a couple twists would throw the POI off by 5 inches though, that's a big change. I've seen POI change a little as a string settles in and starts contacting the REDS differently from where the scope was initially zeroed at, but not that much. I'm out of ideas except try another string.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

was that the string that was on your bow when the tips failed ? if so i would replace the string . It sounds like it could have been damaged .

EDIT whoops didn't read carefully enough seems this was already discussed . sorry
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

soo.you shoot a brand new string..its dead on ..no problems..then you add some twists in it and its off 5 inches?..weird.
when you add the twists ..what or rather where is the brace height?

also ..I forgot..what scope are you using?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Are you using the same arrow for these shots? Thanks for answering my type of string question, btw.

I had a 380 for a spell. The string never changed bheight in all the shots I put thru it, fwiw. Factory endless loop made by Danny.

I honestly don't believe the string is shooting 5" off, but can understand your opinion.

Sooooo, same arrow or not, and what scope ala Strum. We'll figure this out......
"Eze 18:21"
typical10

Post by typical10 »

awshucks wrote:Are you using the same arrow for these shots? Thanks for answering my type of string question, btw.

I had a 380 for a spell. The string never changed bheight in all the shots I put thru it, fwiw. Factory endless loop made by Danny.

I honestly don't believe the string is shooting 5" off, but can understand your opinion.

Sooooo, same arrow or not, and what scope ala Strum. We'll figure this out......
Hawke XB30

I wasn't using the same arrow, I am now :oops:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I aint no expert but like awshucks said, its doubtful its the string. Trigger housin loose, scope & or any of it loose includin mt & rings. Stock screws loose lettin it shift poi. Arrows & vanes/feathers have caused a many of person to scratch their heads tryin to figure out why i started shootin bad
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I wasn't using the same arrow, I am now :oops:
Report back? I'd guess if all your screws are tight, it's in the scope[if you have same problem w/ one arrow].

I'd suggest a call to Danny Miller if you live in USA. Probably get a free string from him, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Tom

Post by Tom »

Here is another thought which I am surprised has not been mentioned yet.

When you twist the string or when the string stretches, what is happening is the length of the string is changing. The shorter the string, the more bend in the limbs (the further the string is away from the bumpers), but the shorter the draw pull will become, making the speed a little less in the arrow (just a little bit). Now if your scope is not mounted correctly, if it is a little bit tilted, this could be the cause of the arrow being a little to the right or left. When you shoot the bow, if you shoot a little of of level, this could also cause the same thing. But a 5 " drop or rise is a little too extreme for me.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

It sounds to me like something is not tight. Scope mounts, trigger screws, scope rings....something isn't tight I'm betting. Good luck and keep us updated.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Typical 10,
I had almost the same issue with my xb30. It was 2 loose screws on the underside of the mounts. I had to take it off the bow to loctite and tighten. I didn't notice it until I looked really good. I ended up ditching the mount that came with the scope and got a set of rings from Danny Miller. Problem solved.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
typical10

Post by typical10 »

UPSMAN wrote:Typical 10,
I had almost the same issue with my xb30. It was 2 loose screws on the underside of the mounts. I had to take it off the bow to loctite and tighten. I didn't notice it until I looked really good. I ended up ditching the mount that came with the scope and got a set of rings from Danny Miller. Problem solved.
Did u replace the rings and weaver style base?? jeff~
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

typical10 wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:Typical 10,
Did u replace the rings and weaver style base?? jeff~
yes I did. I have the old xb30 base in my safe if anybody wants it. Never did like it because it felt too high.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String