RIP my Buddy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

RIP my Buddy

Post by xcaliber »

I have had a few rough spots lately in the midst of all the joy blessed upon my family. My two daughters have achieved great honors from their universities, and the little one has her Major, and two Minor degrees, graduating with Honors today! My eldest has her associates already, but now is on the Dean's List, and a member of the Nurses Honor Society, and will complete her courses in December with an RN degree.
My Mother suffered a stroke a few weeks ago, and is making some progress in her recovery. Unfortunately we did not find her for 10 hours. We are making plans to deal with this situation, whatever it winds up being! I have been working 7 days a week, 12 hour days, then spending as much time at the hospital as possible. The two people I was covering for are back, and I took Thursday off to prepare for our trip, and get my yard mowed, and cleaned up. I let my buddy out to run in the fresh cut lawn like he loves to doing, but he only hung out for a few minutes before heading in. I gave him some water, and went out to shoot my PSE vertical for about 20 minutes, when i came in, my buddy was laying by the door, completely motionless, he had died. Gizmo was 14 years old, and lived a pampered life thanks to the three ladies in my house, and maybe I too spoiled him some. The Vet. said he most likely had a massive heart attack based on his labored breathing the last year, or so. He went out without a sound, and I just wish I could have been there holding him for his last few breaths! I'm still shocked at how he went, and think he knew my niece would be watching him while we were away, and that the girls would have really lost it finding him like that, he went out while only he, and I were home, knowing that I could keep it together to tell the others, and take care of him before falling apart myself!

RIP Gizmo, my buddy.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 9.jpg.html]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
munch

Re: RIP my Buddy

Post by munch »

dan sorry to hear about your dog they become part of the family .sounds like he had a good life
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Terry, he was part of the family in every way! My girls were 8, and 10 when we got him. My girls named him, I wanted to cal him Pal, but lost the vote! Pal was his nickname with me, and he only responded to it when I said it, funny how dogs train us, right!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

So sorry to hear of yer Buddy passin on. Hope y'all had a good life together
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Sorry to hear about your best friend...i know this pain far to well. :(
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Sorry to hear this, it's hard to lose the ones we love.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

dan,
sorry to read about your dog, our animals are just like another child to us dog lovers. I know to well of how you are feeling. I lost my german shepherd 3 years ago and the saying "time heals all wounds" is bs. we might learn to cope with it but healing will never happen in my opinion. 1 just got news on this past Thursday that my present sheherd has an eye disease called pannus that causes total blindness and is not curable.
take care bud and congrats to your daughters!
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

this sounds like my last year, including putting my dog down and this year sucks to . . friday . . . 3 weeks ago my brother had a motorcycle wreck and is paralyzed from the belly button down. I'm Sorry xcalibur, hang in there, its tough, tougher when it comes at you at once. there will be a new day and look toward the horizon.

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

So sorry to hear that you lost your friend, Dan. You have so much going on and now this. Hope time heals.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

:( sorry to hear of your Buddy's passing . 14 years good long life.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Dan I am sorry to hear about your mother and I hope for the best, It takes time after a stroke sometimes and I am also sorry about your dog I know they are hard to loose as well because they are apart of you and the family.
On the other hand it sounds like its all good with the girls and that's a good place to draw your strength (The good).
RIP Gizmo
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Ken, praying for your brother, I know all too well about bike wrecks, and gave them up for good after a nasty that I thank God for sparing me from every day. I got the scars, and memories to keep me from enjoying that feeling forever, I will ride with my friends in Heaven one day, that's good enough for me. Be strong for him, and his family buddy.
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

sorry for the loss of your devoted pet.the unconditional love they give us is very special.
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Aww..... man. I'm so sorry! Those furkids are never with us long enough and they leave a great big hole in our hearts when they go. :(
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sorry to hear about Buddy you'll all miss him for a long time he was definitely part of the family
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads