380 speed ring

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cantgetright

380 speed ring

Post by cantgetright »

Got my first Excalibur a few weeks ago and am extremely impressed with so far. I have one question however about the speed ring. I sighted it in set at 360 and everything was bang on at 20 30 and 40yds but noticed it was 4 or 5" high at 50 and 60yds. At those distances I need to turn dial to 400 to shoot accurately but this screws up shorter distances. Just wondered if this was routine or out of the ordinary. Chances are I wont shoot past 40yds anyway and could turn it up if needed. BTW using diablos and 150gr points that came with the package. Other than this minor issue I am very happy with this xbow and its performance. I was torn between this xbow and a tenpoint for a few weeks before I bought the 380xtra. I always shied away from excal because of the noise factor but the speeds they are pushing now it isn't as much of an issue.
vixenmaster

Re: 380 speed ring

Post by vixenmaster »

Best i remember yu use yer xhair fer 20 yds. Then the speed dial is an est. yardage. Shoot 40 yds see if'en dial needs up or down then go to 50 & so on til its very close. It may never get better than an inch or so above or below yer target dot.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

The speed dial isn't an exact or necessarily accurate measure of speed. It's kind of a starting point. Try shooting off a bench and get your 20yard mark bang on using the center of the crosshairs. Now move back to 30yards and shoot your center crosshairs. You will hit low. Holding the bow on a steady rest (I use a lead sled) put your center crosshairs on the bullseye and adjust the speed ring until your 30yard hash mark is on the arrow you just shot. This should line you up but you may have to tweak it at the longer ranges to fine tune. Don't pay too much attention to the numbers of the speed dial.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I bumped up a shortcut to help you out, this works pretty good. Congrats on the new crossbow!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!