axiom scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

krankie

axiom scope

Post by krankie »

Hi all, I'm new here.I was a longtime vertical bowhunter. I am just getting started in crossbow hunting.After much reading I decided to get an Axiom smf to start off with. So far I am really pleased with my choice of bow.

I do however have a question about the scope.When I go to adjust the scope it doesn't seem to have distinct clicks when turning the adjustment knob for up and down.The left and right has very "feelable" clicks when turning it.I assume this isn't normal and was wondering if there is a repair I could do.

Secondly,I am wondering how well the S5 system works as a sound suppressor? Would you present S5 users recommend I add it to my bow? And would Catwiskers do any good in this aspect on my bow.

Thanks for any advise you can give ,it will be appreciated.
bobcattrapper

Re: axiom scope

Post by bobcattrapper »

No thats not normal on that scope.Mine did that too and was defective.If it don't click it won't adj. point of impact or your arrows will shoot squirrely as its not really set.Call Excalibur to get a RMA and send it back and upgrade it to the vari zone for a little more coin.What I did.I put the S5 on my Axiom.I think it helps a little.I put a flemish sting on mine too but after I shot 2 deer with it.This dry fire thing always comes up so you may be told to use that string first that came with the bow.Axiom is a great crossbow!
Waif

Post by Waif »

Welcome krankie to Excalibur Crossbow Forum. Seems I had a turret that turned soft, it was not like the usual click,click ,click on other brands. Scope works fine though. The s5,s help a bit with noise but the additional absorption in event of a dryfire inspired installing them after modding by grinding the end of ball a bit to leave an air gap behind bumper. Learned here on this forum,you can use search bar and look up s5 grinding. Axiom is quite a crossbow.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Jc1

Post by Jc1 »

My Axiom scope was the exact same way on the up and down. I just guesstimated how far each click was on based on my sideways adjustment, in which the clicks worked. I sited it in with no problems and it seems to have stayed in adjustment.