Pros and cons of tact zone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

capefearhunter

Pros and cons of tact zone scope

Post by capefearhunter »

What are some differences between this and other crossbow scopes. After one day of shooting with tact zone it seems purdy good. Cross hair is a little thin in center. illumination is pretty cool. Doesnt seem very clear or bright in low light though. Low light capability is probally what im looking for the most. Any others that might be brighter in low light situations than this one?
Matrix 355
Black Eagle Executioners
Wac Em Broadheads
Blackwater Taxidermy
xcaliber

Re: Pros and cons of tact zone scope

Post by xcaliber »

It is a good scope, there are better, and for an included "package" item it is pretty good! I opted for an upgrade in optic quality, and chose the Nikon Bolt XR which is the perfect compliment for the Matrix series in my opinion.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I suggest upgrading to a Leupold scope for superior low light performance. I have also read good reviews on the Nikon as well. If you are looking for a ballistic crossbow reticle scope. Leupold Crossbones scope and Nikon bolt XR scope are for crossbows.

I quickly upgraded my Matrix 355 with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope.

I also recommend Leupold Rifleman detachable low rings.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I like leupold scopes for brightness and they are very lightweight.

I personally wouldn't go with a leupold crossbones on a bow that shoots in excess of 350fps because it's a 2-7 power. At that speed, magnification is too much for hunting. You'd be at about 4-5 power. I prefer to see the whole deer in the sight picture at close range, not just pieces of the animal. I have one on my 330 that shoots about 315fps and the magnification is at about 3 power which is as high as I'd want it.

I have a Mark AR 1.5-4x20 on my M380 and it's set at 2.5 power, where I prefer the magnification. This scope has a ballistic reticle and the illuminated Firedot.

Everyone has their favourites. Go to some gun shops and look through as many scopes as you can until you find what will work for you.

Happy hunting
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
capefearhunter

Post by capefearhunter »

Im finding that the tact zone is spot on at all the yardage marks. Its just a little fuzzy around the edges. Im gonna shoot some right at dark this evening and check the brightness in that critical last 10 minutes of shooting light.
Matrix 355
Black Eagle Executioners
Wac Em Broadheads
Blackwater Taxidermy
capefearhunter

Post by capefearhunter »

Did some more shooting at dusk. I really cant complain with the T zone. Hittin silver dollars at 40 that i couldnt see with naked eye.
Matrix 355
Black Eagle Executioners
Wac Em Broadheads
Blackwater Taxidermy
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The tactzone is a decent scope for whats it intended. I like mine and have no plans to swap it out. I target shoot a lot at night and its more than enough for me, but its one of those personal preference type thingies..

Im a little more picky when it comes to rifle scopes :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
capefearhunter

Post by capefearhunter »

Id have to see someone else scope in person to see if there was enough difference to switch it out.
Matrix 355
Black Eagle Executioners
Wac Em Broadheads
Blackwater Taxidermy
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

I have Leupold crossbones on my 380 and Nikon bolt on my 330 both are excellent scopes. There light gathering ability and crisp clarity our second to none. I had the Tact zone on the 380 when I bought it. It was the first thing I replaced. The Tact zone is just ok mine had the edges blurred out not the greatest glass. It did not go well with my old eyes. :mrgreen:

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Boo

Post by Boo »

Happiness is about managing your expectations. :mrgreen: If you're happy with what you have, stick with is. Personaly I'm with Andrew, I like my Leupold scopes. Not only for what he mentioned, but I've never had a Leupold scope go south on me and I've never heard a substantiated claim that one did. That's not to say no Leupold scope has ever failed, but that it's extremely unlikely.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
roly

Post by roly »

We were shooting my son in laws 380
yesterday, he just loves the tack zone and
has no plans to change it.

I tried to shoot it and could not

Don't know if it was my bifocals, but
fish eye just don't explain it close enough.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Boo wrote:Happiness is about managing your expectations. :mrgreen: If you're happy with what you have, stick with is. Personaly I'm with Andrew, I like my Leupold scopes. Not only for what he mentioned, but I've never had a Leupold scope go south on me and I've never heard a substantiated claim that one did. That's not to say no Leupold scope has ever failed, but that it's extremely unlikely.
Hey Don, hopefully Leupold won't have to use me as a product tester for their scopes. My Leupold is the only thing I haven't had any issues with. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.