Not life time warranty *** pics added**

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jawfew

Not life time warranty *** pics added**

Post by Jawfew »

Sent my equinox back to Excalibur a few weeks ago. Been unloading my bow with the rope cocking aid for years now, and it's worn away the plastic in the groove exposing the corner of the aluminum rail.going on my 3rd rope cocking aid.they send back a video how to unload my bow. Viewed it again and doing it correct. Has anyone else had this problem or have you looked at the groove closely if so good luck dealing with them,just buy lots of rope aids.
Last edited by Jawfew on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
agingcrossbower

Re: Not life time warranty

Post by agingcrossbower »

Welcome to the forum. Odd way to introduce yourself.
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I am going to have to say BS on this. How many times have you un-cocked your Equinox? You say that this is the 3rd cocking aid that you are using and we are to assume that the other 2 were worn out. How about some pictures of the CB & worn out rope cockers. I may have had to un-cock my Equinox a total of 30 times after hunting. The un-cocking operation is the ONLY time that the rope sides across the grove and the camo paint is worn off my Equinox which I consider normal wear. To actually wear this grove where the rope is damaged you would have to un-cock the CB many hundred of thousands of times!
I have added pictures of my CB & it appears that my grove ends before the end of the stock. The grove ends about 1/16" before the flat end of the stock.
I cannot see any wear/tear on my rope cocking aid what-so-ever. FWIW.
Last edited by Deerstalker on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Jawfew

Post by Jawfew »

No BS will post the pic when get to my PC. Had bow for 5 years now and hunt almost everyday during the 3month bow season.usually do a morning and night hunt so not shooting deer every day so that's usually 2 times a day some times three that it gets unlocked. Didn't,t notice the corner of the rail exposed until looking close to see why the rope getting badly fraided.
Steve
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I make strings, and do a lot of testing. This requires a lot of uncocking, not to mention I hunt as well with the same bows. I uncock them sometimes twice a day if I hunt the morning, and afternoon. I agree with, and accept the finish wearing off, but I have not seen the groove wear down! I use 550# paracord on my ropes as well, but I think that has little effect on anything. Additionally, this is the first time I have ever heard anything close to this complaint! :?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

How to wear out rope cockin slot & rope cockers. Any grit that embeds in yer rope cocker will wear it in few yrs
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:Welcome to the forum. Odd way to introduce yourself.
:roll:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Odd way to accept a new member guys. Let's take him for his word unless/until his pictures indicate otherwise.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
agingcrossbower

Cossack wrote:Odd way to accept a new member guys. Let's take him for his word unless/until his pictures indicate otherwise.

OK, welcome to the forum. I'm from the States. Where do you call home?
Jawfew

Post by Jawfew »

From Windsor area in Ontario. Was on the forum years ago when first got my bow.I,m not trying to bad talk Excalibur actually ordered a matrix380 last week. Tried to up the the pic from my camera but said file to big,will have my wife try with her iPhone later. Just wasn't,t happy with there response after the Excalibur dealer was actually the one that sent it back for warranty issue.
agingcrossbower

Sorry to hear of your problem. I'd contact contomer service at Excalibur and let them know your problem. Good luck!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

You have done a lot of shooting with the "beast" to wear out the stock. I bet they do not see that to often back at the factory. They should give you another stock and challenge you to wear it out.
Come on Excalibur take care of the guy!
Last edited by NEPAbowhunter on Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I will say that this has tuned my attention to watch for wear in this area. I shoot a lot, and often, and have so far not seen this as an issue, but I can't say it's impossible. I think that the paracord i use is less abrasive, and I have it on all my cockers, and stringers. Hope you get the bow repaired, and find out what the root cause is. I have to say that the Excalibur Brand has been good to me personally, and since you have proclaimed that you are getting another speaks volumes. Honestly it is in the best interest of any company these days to take care of their customers. Social media has changed the landscape so much in the last few years that everyone is seeing real time responses to issues play out, and making their own decisions to buy based on these posts. Nobody wants negative comments posted, and even the smallest business can rise, or fall from what the masses post. Perception becomes reality on many fronts, so that does play to the consumer in most cases.

8) 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Sounds like some of you guys just got your as%#s handed to you!! :lol: :lol: :oops: Sure were awful quick to judge... I thought this was a forum to ASK questions!
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Agreed xcaliber and well stated...
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger