Excalibur strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Chief

Excalibur strings

Post by The Chief »

I have a friend who makes some of the best strings you ever saw and he is just getting started. the price is unbelievable just $30.00 shipped. Give him a try you won't be sorry at [email protected]). Just tell him what you have for a bow and what colors you want. Good luck
Normous

Re: Excalibur strings

Post by Normous »

Can you tell us what makes these the BEST strings from a guy who just started making strings. I'm not sure using the word "best" describes a beginning string maker.
What is the typical string/serving life of these strings?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TPM

Post by TPM »

I have to agree. Great your friend is getting into string making but it's as much an art as a science and usually involves a lot of trial and error to refine technique.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

As you can tell by my signature, I shoot more than one string makers string. Not because I am looking for the best or one that will outlast another but, Because I like to give everyone a fair chance at making me a string that I can shoot, Hunt with and test out now that I have a chrony. Fact is the only string I ever wore out was a factory one and that is because I watched the video that came with my crossbow and I did as it said do ....mark the string un-cocked, cock it and the marks should be at the rail as if it was while un-cocked. I did then it showed how to center the string by pushing against the limbs to move to string where it needs to be ....dumb ass me :lol: it didn't take long and it didn't last long. Now I have seen a lot of BS over just talking strings on this forum about who is the best and so on but truth is I have not have a bad string yet...some stretch more some have less vibration and so on but 8ptbuck in my opinion has done his homework and in fact does make a pretty dog gone good string no matter how long he has been doing it. I wish 8pt all the luck with his string making as so with all the other string makers on this forum...lets not let this thread take us to an unhappy place again and be happy we were able to get up and get on this forum today and share good advice and such.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don't think it could be said any better Blayne. 8pt. has done his homework! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
PhilG

Post by PhilG »

xcaliber wrote:I don't think it could be said any better Blayne. 8pt. has done his homework! 8)
Or. Maybe he like some others have just copied someone else's homework.

There is one man who's "homework" has made it into excaliburs assembly line. And his "homework" has made it into everyone else's strings. Regardless of who's string you shoot you have a variant of a boo string. Your better off getting the real deal
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

PhilG wrote:
xcaliber wrote:I don't think it could be said any better Blayne. 8pt. has done his homework! 8)

There is one man who's "homework" has made it into excaliburs assembly line. And his "homework" has made it into everyone else's strings. Regardless of who's string you shoot you have a variant of a boo string. Your better off getting the real deal
Danny Miller been makin Flemish strings at least 20 yrs, Hail Excals Guru! Nuff said! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Please don't try to drive a wedge between any of the members here, weather you think this, or that is the best, you're wrong. I make strings, but i do use a Vixen Master string too, and Boo's, and I have shot the crap out of 8pts. as well. I would be happy to send to strings that I made to Cossack, and any other maker here to try. I'm not small enough to think I make the best strings, or that I compare to Boo strings. He has many years on me, and I hope to achieve his level of expertise someday. More importantly, I hope to meet him, and become friends beyond just emailing one another. I don't try to copy anyone, and know that the other guys also try their own techniques, materials, etc.
That said, if someone thinks that they have found the best of anything, let them live in their happiness!
My girl is hotter than yours! :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Here is a short list of great string makers. Please do not feel offended if i forgot you, just add your name to the thread please. My sometimers is not to be considered a slam please. Also, there is no order of better, experience level, etc. I will leave my name off the list, but I do make strings as well.
Boo
Lou (Comfybear)
Vixenmaster
Dash
8pt.
Masboy
Cossack
Danny Miller
Munch (seen the video) Nice!
If i did not mention you, please add your name. Some guys do sell them, some just make their own, but I bet we all think ours are the BOMB!
This said, i have gotten tips from all of the guys listed above, and given a few myself. 8)
I have thanked these guys before, and will again. I have had bad words in the past for some dumb ass reasons, but I think I have grown beyond that. I will say this, when anyone puts forth their efforts to accomplish something, it is brutal to hear any negative remarks. Nobody wants to hear "You Suck" unless they really were not trying! 8)
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

PhilG wrote:

New guy again Huh? COWARD ! plain and simple
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I don,t think I,m a great string maker , but if Dan says so I believe it :lol: never gave one away because afraid it may blow apart on them . They have been great for me so far ( knock on wood)

I take my hat off to all the string makers on here an have heard nothing but good things about there strings . All are kind an caring people an so willing to help others an give away many strings . What a fine bunch !!!!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think anyone who makes strings of either style is ok in my Book. Likes others on this Forum, lots of ppl. jus have a knack to do things n do them very well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Masboy wrote:I don,t think I,m a great string maker , but if Dan says so I believe it :lol: never gave one away because afraid it may blow apart on them . They have been great for me so far ( knock on wood)

I take my hat off to all the string makers on here an have heard nothing but good things about there strings . All are kind an caring people an so willing to help others an give away many strings . What a fine bunch !!!!!
Well said Masboy they are good guys. And I will add another name to the bunch because he deserves to be there also Dan, aka excaliber.
Thanks,
Raymond
strum

Post by strum »

I have though about making a string er two for the fun of it ..may do it one day :shock:
I think no two string makers are alike so there is a definite variety to choose from.
Kudos to anyone who wants to give it shot. It must be very satisfying to start with a couple rolls of yarn :D and end up with string capable of taking down any game you want.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I have though about making a string er two for the fun of it ..may do it one day :shock:

DONT DO IT STAN !! No one will like you any more. :lol: