B.E ZOMBIE SLAYERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

B.E ZOMBIE SLAYERS

Post by CT.HNTR »

I am getting ready to build my own bolts for the first time and am currently planning on trying B.E Executioners and also Easton FMJ. I am also interested in the B.E Zombie Slayers and was wondering how they compare in performance to the Executioners?

If anybody can share feedback regarding the Zombie Slayers it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
bob watkins

Re: B.E ZOMBIE SLAYERS

Post by bob watkins »

i also would like to know the difference between the exc and the zombie big john or boo should know?
Big John

Post by Big John »

The Zombies are a much stiffer arrow for one. As well tougher! Since a lot of shooting is being done with Matrix bows and hard targets like Spyder and Rhinehart, the arrows really take a beating!
As far as accuracy goes, the Zombies handle the power and pressure very well from the Matrix bows. On the other hand, the Executioners not as well. Although they are deadly accurate, they are not as tough.
FMJ are a heavier arrow and will be harder to achieve weights that may be desirable to many. The FMJ are 13.7 gr. per in. and the Zombies are 9.1 gr. per in. If you like a bit heavier arrow, they are fine as well. If you are shooting 50 yds. or less, all of this is mute point. All of them are to close to call in accuracy when shot from bench rests. When moving out to further distances or using broadheads is when you see the difference. However, how the arrow is put together plays heavy into the equation.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Big John,
I always hunt in very thick areas. Mostly very heavy and very thick mountain laurel. I limit myself to a 35 yard maximum shot distance but most shots are under 20 yards so lighter arrows and speed are not my top priority. I am mostly interested in accuracy, power and toughness. The FMJ bolts are certainly heavy but they make the bow quieter and not much stops them. Instead of the Executioner’s I may just try the FMJ and Zombie Slayers.

Currently shooting a 200 pound Exocet but am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Matrix 380.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
125 Grain Slick tricks
offshore

Post by offshore »

CT.HNTR wrote:Big John,
I always hunt in very thick areas. Mostly very heavy and very thick mountain laurel. I limit myself to a 35 yard maximum shot distance but most shots are under 20 yards so lighter arrows and speed are not my top priority. I am mostly interested in accuracy, power and toughness. The FMJ bolts are certainly heavy but they make the bow quieter and not much stops them. Instead of the Executioner’s I may just try the FMJ and Zombie Slayers.

Currently shooting a 200 pound Exocet but am getting close to pulling the trigger on a Matrix 380.
I too shoot a Exocet200 and like the BE Zombies. My shafts are 22" with 110gr. brass inserts, 2" Blazers sporting 125gr. S.T. Vipers. I have shot several mature Alabama bucks through both front shoulders with total pass-through at 40+/- yards, more than a few 200# plus boar hogs with more than excellent performance at distances to 50 yards. Once tuned, accuracy on a target from a bench, I can shoot 2" dots at the 50 yard mark consistently with broadheads. My total arrow weight is 465gr. and I'm very happy with the Zombies.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Offshore,

Do you fish??

Your making me think I don’t need a Matrix and should stick with my Exocet 200. I am going to give the Zombie Slayers a try and see if I can get similar performance. I’ll report back after I build and test them.
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
125 Grain Slick tricks
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I shoot a 200 lb, Vortex, and have been shooting the FMJs for several years. I took a bison with them last year and a hog, and have 6 new ones ready to go for another bison this year. I got 1 complete pass through on the bison, but put the BH completely through on the other 2 shots. That arrow weighed ~525gr, tipped with a Montec CS. So this year I am going with 150gr Magnus Stinger 2 blades. As for accuracy, I had no trouble keeping 4 arrows in a 1" circle at 40 yds off a bench with a big 150gr Magnus Stinger 2 blade, or with 100gr CS Montecs. About the only downside to the FMJs is that since they are aluminum over carbon, they can still bend. I have one that is bent, and it is easy to see it on a spinner. I even re-squared the insert, but no go.

See my post from today. I just built up some .003" Zombies last night and shot them today. I like them alot. And as Big John says, very stiff, and they do seem tough. FP accuracy is really good - even though they are "only" 0.003" straight. I also bought some .003" Executioners to try and will post on those later.

Finally, BEA is coming out with a "Big Game" arrow soon. I think it will be in the 11 GPI range but don't have any hard data to share. I just emailed them last week about it's status and all I got back was "the Big Game Arrow is not ready yet". You might want to check that out when it's available.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
offshore

Post by offshore »

CT.HNTR wrote:Offshore,

Do you fish??

Your making me think I don’t need a Matrix and should stick with my Exocet 200. I am going to give the Zombie Slayers a try and see if I can get similar performance. I’ll report back after I build and test them.

I take people fishing quite a bit. I was a charter captain and also commercial fished for 17 years. . .then the idiots of The Gulf Council and NMFS displayed their intelligence (lack there of, really) and inconsistencies and the offshore fishing industry here in The Gulf has gone to hell in a hand basket. But, I won't rant on about what joke those organizations are. . .they're untouchable! ! ! My main passion is spearfishing. It is underwater archery for me and I can't get enough of it. If you don't find me perched up in a tree somewhere slinging sticks. . .I will be under the water slinging steel.

PLEASE! ! ! Don't let me sway you from the Matrix. . .I've been kicking the thought around quiet a bit myself. It's just in our nature to want more power, something that can do it better - LOL. I have been very happy with my Exocet though, and for what I mostly hunt and under the 50/60 yard mark I can't complain. . .but, a new 380. . .EMMMMMMM ;-). It gets me a little excited. Good luck.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Been using the Zombie Slayers for 3D this season and am impressed. They're very consistent and tough!

The only thing I don't like about them is that hideous graphic on them. I'm assembling the with the rotting skull to the front of the shaft so its the first part to wear off. :?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
offshore

Post by offshore »

VixChix wrote:The only thing I don't like about them is that hideous graphic on them. I'm assembling the with the rotting skull to the front of the shaft so its the first part to wear off. :?
AMEN, SISTA ! ! ! For the life of me, I can not see why so many companies out there these days portray all this zombie crap. I find it quite annoying to say the least. With a little acetone and elbow grease those nasty graphics come off.
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

Is the importance of having your cock vane located in relation to the arrow spine lessened with the increased stiffness of the zombie slayers? I have shot executioners in the past with outstanding results from my Ibex but looking for something a little stiffer for my Equinox.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Backstraps wrote:Is the importance of having your cock vane located in relation to the arrow spine lessened with the increased stiffness of the zombie slayers?
No question, it is. The Zombies are 25% stiffer so flex in the shaft is much less than other arrow shafts. Also the straighter they are, the less flex occurs.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

Boo wrote: No question, it is. The Zombies are 25% stiffer so flex in the shaft is much less than other arrow shafts. Also the straighter they are, the less flex occurs.
That is what I figured but thank you for the confirmation sir.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes