The beast got new wings!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hankenhunter

The beast got new wings!

Post by hankenhunter »

If anyone recalls, last hunting season I splintered a limb and kept hunting and shooting with it till spring. A month ago I decided to call Dawn and get some new limbs. I found her to be very funny, engaging, and personable. No questions were asked about dryfires or anything other than my return address. On the whole, the experience was very pleasant. So much so that I asked Dawn to autograph a limb for me. :D So today my limbs arrived in the mail and sure enough, on the right limb inside is Dawn's sig done with a sharpie. Now I have a collectors bow. The only small complaint(and I mean tiny) I have is the returned limbs have a decidedly pink hue to the camo pattern. No biggie. I installed the new limbs, put Mike's string back on and first shot at twenty yards was a dead nuts bullseye. Same at 30,40 and 50. Awesome! So thanks Dawn and Excal for making my first warranty experience a pleasant one. You guy's rock. Sincerely,
Darrell (aka Hank)
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: The beast got new wings!

Post by Doe Master »

You got the Dawn special treatment . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Did you have to send your old limbs back to them :?:
Glad your back in the saddle buddy!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

georgiaboy wrote:Did you have to send your old limbs back to them :?:
Glad your back in the saddle buddy!! :D
Yup, I sent them the limbs. It's sure nice to get confirmation like this that says I made the right decision to buy Excal. That and the enormous amount of friends I've made over the last five years on this forum. :D You guys are responsible for putting me on the right track to a bow that will serve me well for the rest of my life. For that I thank you all! :D
Hank
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

you bet ,Dawn is the best. had some limb trouble and she took care of it no questions asked . can't beat the people at Excal. :roll: :roll: :roll:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That's great. I seen a Matrix on display at Bass Pro a few weeks ago that I thought had a pinkesh tint to it as well. Thought I was off kilter a bit. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not sure what changed, but the replacement limbs for my Phoenix have the pink tint, too.
Not really even close to the color of the stock. I have even thought about trying to find a black or brown stock to replace the original so the color variation wouldn't be so noticeable. :lol:
wabi
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

My first Excal was an Equinox with Realtree AP camo. My dealer at that time was also over our hunting lease. All the guys on the lease would say AP meant "almost pink". They were right. It was PINK! I really caught it over that thing. They would tell me that I had to make a blind in one of the wild rose bushes that grew around most of our food plots!
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

My Equinox has a light pink tint to it. I can't say I have had an animal mind the color. My daughter does seem to be drawn to it though. :D
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We have been struggling forever with our suppliers to get more consistent shades on our camo finished parts. The problem is there are many variables and if the parts are coated at different times the shades can vary noticeably. We are currently working with our suppliers to get more consistency. The process being used is excellent but very picky, a slight heat change or thickness of the part will change the shade. When assembling crossbows we do our best to match the stocks with the limbs. The problem is if we just send somebody limbs or a stock the chances they will match exactly are slim.

Peter
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My two look great. Appreciate the honest reply. You guys rock!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

theres a fix for that. offer more models in black lol :lol: without the carbon look :mrgreen:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Just plain Flat Black would look pretty sweet! :wink:
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Glad for you Hank! I got some replacement limbs with the pink tint also an the way they shoot I would not give them up :lol: