scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

scope

Post by W.Miguire »

Hello everybody,
seem to have a problem with my tack zone scope. get it all set up and shoot for a few days and have to set it up all over again. is this normal for that brand or maybe its just me. checked all mountings and screws , all are tight. maybe some one out there can shed some light on this problem. :roll: :roll: :roll: :?:
Normous

Re: scope

Post by Normous »

If your scope mount (4) and all scope ring screws remain tight and your reticle is not holding zero your scope may have a warranty issue if human error is ruled out.
In the US call Woody's or Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery, in Canada you can contact Dawn At Excalibur.
It happens to less than 1% of them.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

W.miguire clarify your situation a little, what happens after you shoot for a few days , not on target, shoots high,low , Please elaborate a little :D
A stupid question is a question never asked
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

not on target what I mean it's off a inch or so . let's say 20yds. I will set it up for dead center shoot for a day or so and have to set it up again for d/c again. :roll:
Normous

Post by Normous »

An inch at 20 yards does not alarm me at all. Are you using the same arrow loaded the same way on deck every time? meaning, are you using the same arrow, same fletch downward every time for consistency.
Any wind variation ? are you using a rest?, is it a hard or soft rest surface? do you have good trigger control?
Are you using a rope cocking aid to center the serving perfectly every time?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

well I guess I to fussy. I use a Caldwell field pod and cock it with a rope cocker . once I get it set it shoots fine have to use a 5 pt. target. lots of damage if it's set right :roll: if I shoot at the same spot
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

well I guess I to fussy. I use a Caldwell field pod and cock it with a rope cocker . once I get it set it shoots fine have to use a 5 pt. target. lots of damage if it's set right :roll: if I shoot at the same spot
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I am having the same problem! Have my Matrix 330 shooting great today, pick it up in a couple days and start all over again. I am about to make them eat it. I had it driving tacks on Sunday, plan to shoot it again this Sunday, if its off bull that will be it for me.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

don't give up I am sure the is a easy fix . there is a lot of knowledge on the form , lets wait for some answers :roll:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Two questions for you guys.
1. Are you sure you are not canting the bow?
2. Are you starting out with the same brace height?

I'm assuming that all fasteners are tight, and i recommend lock tite on the fasteners as well. Also, the bows do not come with stringing tools, and i know of a few people that had to put 4 or more twists into the string just to get it off the bumpers, make sure you're off the bumpers at least 3/16" when you start your next session, and the subsequent session, then you'll know if there is an issue! Also, as suggested, make sure you are shooting arrows the same orientation in the bow. I suggest using just one arrow for the set up process. It does not take much to be off a 1/2". Cloned arrows are a requirement for supreme accuracy, and assembly line arrows will not provide that result!

Good luck, hope it all works out.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I had to loctite the 4 screws on the scope base because mine was loose after shooting.Check every screw.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
wabi

Post by wabi »

W.Miguire wrote:don't give up I am sure the is a easy fix . there is a lot of knowledge on the form , lets wait for some answers :roll:
Make sure the scope base screws are put in with LocTite, then put a scope that says Leupold on it on the bow. Problem solved!
I put a TenPoint scope on my Phoenix and then replaced it the next year when the first wouldn't hold zero. The following season I went to and Excalibur after the second TenPoint failed. The following year I called Danny Miller after the Excalibur wouldn't hold zero and he talked me in to buying leupold. Haven't had a problem (4-5 years now) since.
Sure the companies back their products and all the defective scopes were replaced, but those defective scopes also cost me 2 deer!
wabi
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

thanks Wabi, glad I not the only one that had this problem don't want to shoot and find the scope took a day off. it happened this turkey season . I learned my lesson with broadheads . ain't taken any chances any more. what scope did you end up with ? and who sells them?
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Normous and Xcaliber gave you some VERY good advise ! If you do and check all they said then do as Wabi said do (Leupold) and problem solved !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

xcaliber wrote:Two questions for you guys.
1. Are you sure you are not canting the bow?
2. Are you starting out with the same brace height?

I'm assuming that all fasteners are tight, and i recommend lock tite on the fasteners as well. Also, the bows do not come with stringing tools, and i know of a few people that had to put 4 or more twists into the string just to get it off the bumpers, make sure you're off the bumpers at least 3/16" when you start your next session, and the subsequent session, then you'll know if there is an issue! Also, as suggested, make sure you are shooting arrows the same orientation in the bow. I suggest using just one arrow for the set up process. It does not take much to be off a 1/2". Cloned arrows are a requirement for supreme accuracy, and assembly line arrows will not provide that result!

Good luck, hope it all works out.
This. It is also worthwhile to number your rows so you can keep track. It makes it much easier to identify a flyer.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire