Picked up my new 380 yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Re: Picked up my new 380 yesterday

Post by 8ptbuk »

F250 , Your certainly not dumb ! There is a slight learning curve with these bows . :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

Not dumb or stupid at all. Unfortunately, the brace height was too low right from the shop you bought it from. Most shops don't seem to know how to correctly adjust/set the brace height on crossbows, and it causes issues. Seems bizarre to me that the pro shops selling these don't get it right, but there you have it. :roll:

~E
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on a super bow!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Ekkie wrote:Not dumb or stupid at all. Unfortunately, the brace height was too low right from the shop you bought it from. Most shops don't seem to know how to correctly adjust/set the brace height on crossbows, and it causes issues. Seems bizarre to me that the pro shops selling these don't get it right, but there you have it. :roll:

~E
Keep in mind that new strings will also stretch while just sitting on the bow. Mine was pressed up tight against the REDS straight out of the box. I agree though, that should have been adjusted at the shop. Best of luck with the new bow, and don't be shy about asking questions!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Congratulations! Let the tinkering begin! :lol:
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

I tried to call Dan Miller this morning. A recorded message advised that he is on vacation. I called the folks at Excalibur and spoke to a young lady who was very helpful. She too advised me to obtain a stringing aid, and twist up the string to get it off the rubber bumpers. She also advised to rotate the bumpers after every 10-12 shots. I went to the Wyvern Creations website and ordered the stringing aid, a spare string, and some string wax. The young lady at Excalibur advised they had just completed work on a new owners manual that includes the Matrix line of crossbows. She took my address and will send me the new owners manual. She said it has been a year long project to complete the new version.
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

Talk about great service !! I placed the order at Wyvern on Friday, and received the package yesterday (Saturday) !!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

F250-2 wrote:Talk about great service !! I placed the order at Wyvern on Friday, and received the package yesterday (Saturday) !!
Dave at Wyverns is pretty awesome also I've ordered several things from him including my wife's 330. Good luck with you're 380 they're pretty sweet remember to keep your thumb and fingers away from the rail when shooting.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
cantgetright

Post by cantgetright »

paulaboutform wrote:
Normous wrote:Don't put any crap on your mainframe because it could cause premature serving separation and leaves a mess to clean.
A small bit of non scent string wax worked into the string as needed is required on occasion only.
X2...and as said before, make sure your string is 1/4" off the bumpers (3/4" from the seem at the front of the rail) and I highly recommend removing your scope mounting screws carefully, one at a time, and applying some blue loktight (medium strength). Congrats on your new bow, it's a tack driver.
Glad I read this post. Got my 380 a couple months back, string is only half inch off the front of rail and digging into the suppressors pretty good. Thanks for the info.
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

I amazed at the accuracy of this 380. Using the factory string, diablo arrows, and 100 gr. target points, I am shooting 1" groups at 50 yards from a bench. Can't wait for deer season !!
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

I had to re-twist my 380 at least 4 times over a couple months with the factory string when new to accomplish the correct clearance - - and that was with less than 2 doz shots -------I have a call into Danny Miller --- that should solve it
G