Boofest 2014

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tremps01

Re: Boofest 2014

Post by tremps01 »

Boo wrote:Come on boys, let's hear it! How about the shower. I got to tell you guys that it was only used about 15 times which tells me that some of you were dirty :shock: maybe even smelly :mrgreen:
What would have made the shower more appealing?
Guilty 3 showers and happy.

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
frodo baggins

Post by frodo baggins »

Hi all

Well I had a blast.What a great bunch.The best part of the day was seeing WYLIE win the bow.I was standing next to him and when he wasn't winning anything I said to him "save it for the big stuff in the end"I was so happy he got it. Regarding Boofest- Anything is fine by me . There was a two dollar donation for the distance shoot.Why not have a small charge say five dollars that goes towards the 3D targets
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Kathy and i have no complaints! You and Karin go all out to put this together and i wouldn,t change a thing! Now with that said Cindy would like to lay a complaint and that is theres to many big dogs trying to get at her! :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I have nothing to add or change to Boofest oK, just one and that would be some sort of annual award given to Karen for getting things done and keeping all of us in line. Not sure if anyone else noticed but when the prize drawing was about to begin and people kept talking, Karen stood up gave out a resounding shout and BAM, you could have heard a pin drop. THAT was impressive! I do not know what Boofest would do without her. As for Don, he just kept chucking stones at Cali. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Unfortunatley this year I could only attend for a few hours,,, BUT...I personally feel that Don and Karin do a GREAT Job with the Boofest... The way things are run are just fine, and makes it fun for all...
I for one am certainly greatful for them operning up their property for people to get together and have a good time....
I am only a phone call away if you need any help at all Don..
Looking forward to next summer :)

Thank You Don & Karin

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:I have nothing to add or change to Boofest oK, just one and that would be some sort of annual award given to Karen for getting things done and keeping all of us in line. Not sure if anyone else noticed but when the prize drawing was about to begin and people kept talking, Karen stood up gave out a resounding shout and BAM, you could have heard a pin drop. THAT was impressive! I do not know what Boofest would do without her. As for Don, he just kept chucking stones at Cali. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's my girl! Karin just informed me that I was the only one that she was shouting at :shock: As usual! :mrgreen: But I don't remember that! I guess after 36 years I don't hear it anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Cookies wrote:It saddens me to think someone complained.
No need to be sad Gena, I never thought that I should ask you guys if you wanted something different so what I heard is a good thing!
BTW, Gena, you're a great girl! Kevin is some lucky guy!
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

munch wrote: i almost forgot i dont think i payed you the normal club fee of $15 or $20 to fill your targets full of holes .can i just pay you twice next year :mrgreen:
I wish I would have brought some of that corn on the cob home with me it was awesome. that dip was really good too.

I will be looking for suggestions on what kinds of cookies everyone wants for next year. I heard a few ask for the chocolate chip/peanut butter cup with brownie on top but I made the peanut butter balls instead. Next year I will have to make both. I can't forget to make Don the sugar cookies again. :lol: :lol: Karin said Don doesn't eat sweets. LOL I think he needed to buy more insulin by the time I left.
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Boo wrote:
Cookies wrote:It saddens me to think someone complained.
No need to be sad Gena, I never thought that I should ask you guys if you wanted something different so what I heard is a good thing!
BTW, Gena, you're a great girl! Kevin is some lucky guy!
yes he is, 20 years later and he still puts up with me.
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

munch wrote:don i love the idea of no score 3d they have the regular club events most sundays all summer if its a score you want. and i never take them serious .
My sentiments exactly, Terry! Fun first... especially at BooFest! :D
....our half wit group...
Wait a minute - I thought you shot with OUR group!?!??!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boo wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:I have nothing to add or change to Boofest oK, just one and that would be some sort of annual award given to Karen for getting things done and keeping all of us in line. Not sure if anyone else noticed but when the prize drawing was about to begin and people kept talking, Karen stood up gave out a resounding shout and BAM, you could have heard a pin drop. THAT was impressive! I do not know what Boofest would do without her. As for Don, he just kept chucking stones at Cali. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's my girl! Karin just informed me that I was the only one that she was shouting at :shock: As usual! :mrgreen: But I don't remember that! I guess after 36 years I don't hear it anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:
WOW,36 years. Don, You may not of heard Karin but she did more for straightening my spine than my chiropractor ever has. :lol: :lol:
munch

Post by munch »

VixChix wrote:
munch wrote:don i love the idea of no score 3d they have the regular club events most sundays all summer if its a score you want. and i never take them serious .
My sentiments exactly, Terry! Fun first... especially at BooFest! :D
....our half wit group...
Wait a minute - I thought you shot with OUR group!?!??!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
i did shoot with your group the second round, but you know what they say.
IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
mattones

Post by mattones »

I didn't go but judging from pictures and the large amount of reviews after the event I must say it looked like one hell of a party! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves again this year.

Good job on the work you and the wife put in. I think everyone is very thankful of it
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
Boo

Post by Boo »

frodo baggins wrote:There was a two dollar donation for the distance shoot.Why not have a small charge say five dollars that goes towards the 3D targets
Not a bad idea, but I think $2.00 or even a dollar would be ok. Kids and first time shooters should be free.
I just bought 2 new targets for Boofest 2014 and man, they are not cheap!
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

well now that you ask....
-no sun cream
-no dinner menu
-no firework
-no glow in the dark potato gun
-no 3D group listing and timing

oh wait.... who care!
as far as I know, I had fun and appreciated talking to everyone there.
for those that were not happy then I think they just don't have to be there next time.
I might even cut open a glow stick so we can see your dog running in the dark :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton