If money were no object...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

If money were no object...

Post by racking up points »

If money were no object, which features would you most want in an Excalibur bow?

This got me to thinking about all of the little things I'd like to see in a recurve crossbow sometime in the future. Some manufacturers are coming up with stupid gimmicks, like a skinning knife built into the stock of the bow...really? That doesn't appeal to me in the least, but here is what would:

-carbon fibre stock
-all titanium fasteners
-carbon fibre rail
-narrower, shorter, lighter platform
-higher quality optics/trigger available as factory upgrades
-greater range of custom colours (check out APA Archery's website to see the range of custom colours that are available from this Canadian compound bow manufacturer and you'll see what I mean)

So let's get this ball rolling, if the cost was not an issue, what features would you like to see in a recurve crossbow?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
DuckHunt

Re: If money were no object...

Post by DuckHunt »

As far as a greater range of colors, I would like to see optional stock offerings. Boyd's custom gunstocks sells numerous colors of laminated stocks that could easily be designed for an Excalibur crossbow. For $100 more, I would spring for it.

Of course alternate camo options would be nice as well.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I agree with you on the trigger and scope. I'd like to see it at the store that you can build your bow with the pieces and parts you want. I have not been a fan of the trigger since day one on my 380. After shooting my 380 solely for the last month, I shot my custom pellet rifle tonight. No creep, and 1.5 lb trigger pull almost startled me. Different camp patterns would have been kind of nice, but not what I'd want to see Excalibur focus on, and possibly custom string and arrow options. Part of the fun is customizing the bow, but at $1,300 a pop, some of these things were kind of expected. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, but a better trigger was certainly expected.
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

The great thing about an Excal is basically change a rail and therefor change the bow. I would personally have the 405 camo on all of mine so a custom shop would be awesome.

The triggers, scope, and arrows can and usually get upgraded. I'd like to see them come from the factory that way. The aluminum inserts need to go away and drop the 150gr heads for the traditional and more popular 100 and 125's
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'd like to see options like;
A carbon fiber stock option
An optional storage compartment that could be screwed onto the stock large enough for an extra string
A Trigger Tech trigger unit option
Flemish strings as an aftersales option
Micrometer type sighting system as an option

Stainless fasteners on all bows
Some people just like stepping on rakes
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

What I would like to see is a heated pistol grip. Then I would not have to carry hand warmers, and would be ready for the shot.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

How about a Tracking point Crossbow if money were no object and if they made it for crossbows
http://tracking-point.com/
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

SEW wrote:After considerable research, I'm converting my M 380 to almost exactly like Boo has his: only the scope is different. I'm still awaiting the Agingcrossbower stock and the Boo string. Still it is actually <1 1/2 MOA thru 100 yds, maybe even more yardage(haven't shot past 100 yds). I expect the Boo string / silencers and wooden stock will quieten the M 380 significantly as Boo states.
Personal opinion, as much as Boo has contributed to Excalibur in general, I think a Boo Special Edition in any of the Matrix series or at least the M 380 be considered by Excalibur.
X2 Mr Boo is an amazing man and has contributed to these crossbows to what they are today He should get a Boo custom version it would be there #1 seller and give it some Kind of Bear name :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
cevans

Post by cevans »

J/k How about laser guided arrows out to 100 yds or so? :D
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

JPjunkie wrote:
SEW wrote:After considerable research, I'm converting my M 380 to almost exactly like Boo has his: only the scope is different. I'm still awaiting the Agingcrossbower stock and the Boo string. Still it is actually <1 1/2 MOA thru 100 yds, maybe even more yardage(haven't shot past 100 yds). I expect the Boo string / silencers and wooden stock will quieten the M 380 significantly as Boo states.
Personal opinion, as much as Boo has contributed to Excalibur in general, I think a Boo Special Edition in any of the Matrix series or at least the M 380 be considered by Excalibur.
X2 Mr Boo is an amazing man and has contributed to these crossbows to what they are today He should get a Boo custom version it would be there #1 seller and give it some Kind of Bear name :lol:
X3! Don I love the idea of a spare string spot in the stock. If they make a BOO BOW with a Leupold scope, trigger tech trigger, all carbon and titanium inserts sign me up. I'll take the first one! :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
massbow

Post by massbow »

The boo bear!
Team 355
munch

Post by munch »

paulaboutform wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:
X3! Don I love the idea of a spare string spot in the stock. If they make a BOO BOW with a Leupold scope, trigger tech trigger, all carbon and titanium inserts sign me up. I'll take the first one! :mrgreen:
you could store a string on the older stocks
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

There u go
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

onebigskittle wrote:How about a Tracking point Crossbow if money were no object and if they made it for crossbows
http://tracking-point.com/
:shock:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

If money was no object ! I would like a skeletonized titanium one piece Riser/Rail , with a crimson Trace Laser sight recessed in the front as a backup aiming system . Let's put a Boyds Laminated stock on it in Forest Camo color ( Green,Black,Brown ) . TT trigger and A Leupold scope built exactly like the TZ . I've got a very vivid imagination ! Lol ! We'll call it the 380/405 ultimate
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]