Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kd8jgu

Ozonics Yay or Nay

Post by kd8jgu »

Did a search, did not find much
Who is using and your thoughts please
Where I will be hunting wind can change without notice depending on temps
I have made some scents myself (mainly pine do to hunting in area with a lot of pines)
Looking at ozonics and wanted some feed back
I have noticed the price
Thanks
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
cevans

Re: Ozonics Yay or Nay

Post by cevans »

Where you going to find a coolie to carry all your stuff for hunting? Nope,,Nadda,,too expensive, to gimmicky as it might work,,not a scientist. Just more stuff to pack and never did need it to kill a deer before it was invented to sell to the hunters. If you like it, buy it and use it. I forgot to mention,,not getting a Yeti Cooler either. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

cevans,
I know their expensive, but the YETI is one really good cooler. It really keeps ice and frozen meals better then any other cooler I've ever owned.

The Ozonics, I'm with you.

Bucktail
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have an ozone machine for work and I used it on my hunting clothes last year. Ozone is great for cleaning (eliminating odors from houses and cars, etc) but while the machine is in use it creates a heck of a stink. And ozone is not safe to breathe. For that reason I think using it in the field is not worth it. But great for other purposes.

Cheap ozone machines can be found on eBay. Don't pay ozonics prices
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, in their advertisement video they instruct the user to set it over their head, and have the direction going into the wind away from the hunter. If you have swirling winds, the advantage is minimized. I recommend scent blocking base layers, and avoid getting sweaty. Keep your clothes clean, use native scents of the area, and try to play the wind as much as possible. Good cover scents can also tip things in your favor if they are also native to the area. I'm holding out.

Good luck, hope it works for you Chuck
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Waste of yer money tryin to beat a deers nose! Find & use natrual scents from yer area
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I own an Ozonics. I used it all last season. I got winded one time, and I hunted from a stand 41 days. I'm still not 100% sold however, because I tend to not get winded too often anyway since I pay attention to my scent and most importantly the wind. The price isn't as ridiculous as one might think. Scent blocker jacket=$150 Pants another $150 Sprays for a season=$30. Those are things you are going to be replacing frequently. The hundreds of other cover scents that honestly don't work. Have you ever smelled 2 things at the same time? Deer can too. The ozone scent is noticeable, and it is harmful to breathe it, but you face the system down wind and if you are smelling it while hunting, you're doing something wrong. The one night last fall I felt like it worked I was hunting on the ground with my nephew. We were sitting against a creek bank just over the embankment waiting for deer to walk right by us in a cut cornfield. Instead of coming into the cornfield, they walked right up the creek to get a drink. 7 deer including 3 bucks that were 2 year olds stood what appeared to be straight down wind for about 30 minutes never noticing us. My Ozonics battery died, and 2 minutes later the group blew out. It could have been a total coincidence. Like I said, I'm not a 100% believer in the product, but I do actually own one. At a bare minimum, it is good for putting in a closet with your hunting clothing before you hunt. They will have a very unique smell to them, and at first that was a tremendous concern to me, but for some peculiar reason, deer never seemed to notice. My biggest fear is that if these things catch on like crazy, deer will begin to associate ozone scent with human invasion, and before too long we are back to ground zero. So there's my 2 cents worth of rambling and beating around the bush. End result, I'd say give it a try. They offer a 100% money back guarentee if you don't like it. What can it hurt other than guys that won't try it will laugh?
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

expensive gimmick imo, never tried and never will. I use the scent wafers with natural smells for the area I am hunting pine, apple, even dirt.
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

If I had the extra money I'd buy one to try out I spend a lot of money trying out new things every year. I try to stay sent free as much as possible but if it offers an opportunity to kill a trophy buck downwind instead of getting busted I'd say it would be well worth the money and investment.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Heck ppl. buy a gal of bakin soda & wash yer clothes in it in cold or warm water & put on line to dry. I wouldn't waste my money on that scent blocker clothin n such. I have been killin tick toters fer 51 yrs now & i have killed a bunch of them over the yrs. I knowed well over 500. I usually smell like hickory or oak wood smoke from our wood stove.
Half Bubble Off BD360

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Being on a lot of meds I believe I give off an offending smell to the deer because no matter what I do I seem to get busted a lot. I bought one and will give you my opinion after I have tried it out. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

agingcrossbower wrote:Being on a lot of meds I believe I give off an offending smell to the deer because no matter what I do I seem to get busted a lot. I bought one and will give you my opinion after I have tried it out. :D
Ok Mike so yer jus abit ripe :lol: No biggie i will stay on the up wind side my friend. :) Its all good
Half Bubble Off BD360

cevans

Post by cevans »

vixenmaster wrote:Heck ppl. buy a gal of bakin soda & wash yer clothes in it in cold or warm water & put on line to dry. I wouldn't waste my money on that scent blocker clothin n such. I have been killin tick toters fer 51 yrs now & i have killed a bunch of them over the yrs. I knowed well over 500. I usually smell like hickory or oak wood smoke from our wood stove.
+1 I agree 100%. Besides, I have to play the wind as I smoke as well and still kill big ones occasionally. Playing the wind is what its all about. A lot of my stands, I just won't hunt when the wind isn't right and I hang them higher than most hunters.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I wouldn't buy one.I drag enough crap in the woods let alone that thing.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
roly

Post by roly »

I read so many reviews where it's 50-50 if they work
or not, here in Canada they run $500 a lot of money for a 50% chance it don't work

I also read where they say the scent lock systems don't really work either, now the in thing is silver lined material

Last year when I shoot my buck, I used a bee smoker and covered myself with maple smoke

As hunters we are suckers for whats new, especially if it's in camo :D :D