Axiom/Ibex or 330 ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

zuke

Axiom/Ibex or 330 ?

Post by zuke »

Hey everyone, 1st time to post. I have been absorbing a lot of good info on this site. I live in So. Illinois and have been reading alot about crossbows. I have a compound bow but the last few yrs. my shoulder is not allowing me to practice as much as needed.
I tried the wicked ridge invader, but did not like the balance of the bow. Same with the barnetts. My neighbor has a parker tomahawk and I really like this bow. I started saving last yr. for this bow but the more I read the more I am now leaning toward a recurve for the simplicity. The local places here don't carry excalibur so one of these days I will make a longer drive to find a dealer to see how these bows feel.
My question is what are your thoughts about the pro's and con's of the axiom, ibex, and 330? Thanks for any input.
xcaliber

Re: Axiom/Ibex or 330 ?

Post by xcaliber »

Had an Ibex, great bow. I would recommend the Matrix though for it's smaller width, and faster speeds.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

welcome , watch your draw weight in Ill. you have a 200# limit more than you will ever need. if there is no pro shop in your town stay simple . you have a good support staff with Excalibur and a lot of good help from the forum. good luck with your new bow
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I would encourage you to stay away from the compound crossbows. The fact is they do not hold up as well as the excals and when they go out of time it's a trip to the pro shop. I shoot a matrix 380 so I can't comment on the lighter bows but I did have an Exomax and I absolutely prefer the matrix series. One more thing, whichever Excalibur you get make sure you also get a stringing aid as well as cocking aid. It will allow you to adjust your string as it stretches and settles as well as take your bow apart for whatever reason. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

It was mentioned....do you have a 200lb limit in your state? If so the 330 is out. I have an Ibex smf and like it but its not my main bow. I have a matrix 380 that will do most of my hunting this fall. I like the old school "bong" when it goes off just to mix things up a little but if I were getting one bow it would be a matrix. If you have a 200lb draw weight limit get the matrix 310. Its about the same speed as the Ibex/Axiom but smaller.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
zuke

Post by zuke »

Thanks for the help.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en anyone ever asked the poundage of the Matrix 330 jus lie to them. Tell'em its a 200 lb model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315