"TEXFEST" Its a GO !! Address added W/ Mileage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

"TEXFEST" Its a GO !! Address added W/ Mileage

Post by flightattendant100 »

I'm posting this just to judge the amount of interest in having a get together of Excal Forum members and their families, in the southern part of the U.S.. I have access to a place on one of the area lakes ( near Ft. Worth ), that would camp quite a few folks, with a few targets set up at different distances to shoot.It is not in the city limits so shooting would not be a problem, as long as we were safety conscious ( there are neighbors ). I could arrange for a porta-jon or two, and there is a water hose so we could rig up a shower. It would all be pretty primitive as there are no hook ups for trailers.
Time of year....I have been thinking mid-March. Before that and we are more apt to have bad weather, after that and we are into turkey season. After turkey season its HOT!!! In the fall we would be interfering with archery season. Folks most people dont camp much in Texas in the heat of the summer.This also is far enough away from the time of Boofest that you could do both if you were a mind to.
I have been fortunate to get to attend a "Boofest". I know Don and Karin work many hours and Boofest always seems to run very smoothly. I would try to make things as easy for everyone as possible, but trust me it wont be as slick as a Boofest, Don and Karin are pros. I do think that we could still get together and meet each other, put a face to a name, visit, shoot some, and have a good time.
I am not sure how many might attend. I know Texas is not exactly centrally located in the U.S.& I know that Boofest may be closer to some of y'all than Texas.However if there is sufficient interest I can start to work on this in ernest, and will see what we can come up with. Let me know and Thanks.
Well all looks good to do this. I have had quite a bit of interest , actually more than I thought I might. So lets meet, camp, shoot, and visit March 14-15, have a good time and make some new friends and see some old ones. Folks it wont be fancy but we can have a good time I am sure. Thank y'all.
The physical address for TEXFEST is:11574 Moran Rd., Azle ,TX.76020 Moran turns east off of FM730 north of Azle or south of Boyd ,Tx ( will have detailed mileage, and directions a bit later, as soon as I go out and clock all the mileage etc.)
Ok, if you are coming to Texfest from the north on FM 730, it is 10.1 miles south from the intersection of Hwy 114 and FM 730 in Boyd, Tx.to Moran Rd. turn. You will turn east ( left if coming from north) If you are coming north on FM 730, it is 3 miles north from the intersection of Hwy 199 and FM 730 in Azle, Tx to the Moran Rd. turn. You will turn East ( right if you are headed north).
From the intersection of FM 730 and Moran Rd. it is 1.6 miles to the drive of 11574 Moran Rd.
There is NO STREET SIGN at FM 730 and Moran Rd.!!! It turns between a Compass Bank and EZ Way Market ( convienience store-gas station) Watch the mileage and look for these two buildings, it is not a major Rd.
The only motel that is close by is an Econolodge that is in Azle just north of the intersection of Hwy 199 and FM 730. We have room to camp though,if you dont mind a tent.
Last edited by flightattendant100 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Boo

Re: Just Judging Interest...."TEXFEST" ?

Post by Boo »

Paul, you are a great guy and I'm sure what ever you do is first class (considering circumstances).
Hell, Karin and I might come in March. I'll keep my snow tires on! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:Paul, you are a great guy and I'm sure what ever you do is first class (considering circumstances).
Hell, Karin and I might come in March. I'll keep my snow tires on! :mrgreen:
See ya then,bud! :D
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Paul, what a great gesture on your part. You know this might be a way to take some pressure off of Don and Karin. Maybe we could alternate and one year Texas and the next Canada. Any thoughts? :D
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

I wish I was rich enough to go to Boofest, so something in this area would be great. I would really like to meet some fellow crossbow addicts, and learn some new tricks and methods.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This might scare the hell out of people but might can do.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I would love to do something like that. Texas is a bit closer than Ontario.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

So, does that mean you'll pick me up again at the airport? :idea: :idea:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

UPSMAN wrote:So, does that mean you'll pick me up again at the airport? :idea: :idea:
If you fly into Ft Smith vs Little Rock, Bob's your Unkle!!!!

Can't rent a vehicle at Ft Smith, but I'll be there........
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I might be able to make this wid me pop-up. If'en i can talk my Mrs. into it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

UPSMAN wrote:So, does that mean you'll pick me up again at the airport? :idea: :idea:
You bet!
flightattendant100

I am sure tickled by the response so far. I think we can make this a fun weekend, and get to know a few folks we havent met before, and see folks we havent seen in a while. Oh amd maybe shoot a crossbow or two. :lol:
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

What an idea! !!..And possibly do something for a charity cause for a less fortunate Texan. Kudos!!!.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

My Mrs. said it was a go Paul! You have it n we shall be there. we have our 3 Furbabies we have their harness & stake outs. They be lovers, Josey Pie the Puggle is abit weary of strangers.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

vixenmaster wrote:My Mrs. said it was a go Paul! You have it n we shall be there. we have our 3 Furbabies we have their harness & stake outs. They be lovers, Josey Pie the Puggle is abit weary of strangers.
looking forward to it